Fendi Fellas

The By the Way has officially become my favorite bag. It's so versatile, and for the size, it fits a lot! Today's outfit with my baby Karlito by my side ❤️❤️
Well the BTW is a fantastic bag since it's quite dynamic, due to the design, it can be worn different ways, and you made a very wise and practical decision to get that bag in such a lovely and especially neutral color, loving the Karlito combo with the bag.

Reactions: alopez3289
I'm normally not tempted by the women's version of a handbag if the men's one already exists, but I REALLY like the Peekaboo Essential. The smooth leather works remarkably well on this bag (makes the bag have very clean lines). I think it can look great on guys, especially with its more minimalist look! What do you guys think?
8BN300SMQF07PP_05_BigSize

8BN300SMQF07PP_02_BigSize

8BN300SMQF07PP_03_BigSize
8BN300SMQF07P8_03_BigSize

8BN300SMQF07P8_02_BigSize
8BN300SMQF07P8_05_BigSize
Well at the beginning even the regular peekaboo got my eye, but now that I've seen many versions for men of women's bags, I think the squarish silhouette is the thing that turns a bag manly by design definition, that being said, I don't know, I think I could make one of those work if the hardware was in silver (for some reason, gold hardware in my mind is directly linked to women or feminine) and if it were a little bigger, I kind of feel it's way too small for a guys bag, also I tend to buy bags which can fit a laptop at least, and due to the trapezoidal shape of this bag, that wouldn't be the case, also, I have issues with how smooth that leather is (I think Selleria causes the "once you go Selleria you can't go back" syndrome).

Well at the beginning even the regular peekaboo got my eye, but now that I've seen many versions for men of women's bags, I think the squarish silhouette is the thing that turns a bag manly by design definition, that being said, I don't know, I think I could make one of those work if the hardware was in silver (for some reason, gold hardware in my mind is directly linked to women or feminine) and if it were a little bigger, I kind of feel it's way too small for a guys bag, also I tend to buy bags which can fit a laptop at least, and due to the trapezoidal shape of this bag, that wouldn't be the case, also, I have issues with how smooth that leather is (I think Selleria causes the "once you go Selleria you can't go back" syndrome).
Also, it wouldn't hurt (actually I think it would be very cool) that the hardware were either anodized black or ruthenium (gunmetal) I would love that men's peekaboos would start to be produced with those shades in the hardware, I think those kind of finishes are quite masculine and cool and very understated against a palladium or gold finish, so if an essentials were to be made with that kind of hardware I'd gladly work it.

Reactions: averagejoe
Ok so, update, it seems the Coach bag I wanted, got discounted @ Saks.com, I was just about to confirm the purchase but then the website marked an error, I called the customer service number and they told me their system was having issues and that me being an international customer they usually don't process international orders over the phone (WTF?!) so I don't know if this is a sign that maybe I should wait if it get's a bigger discount or to not buy it at all, I'm quite conflicted because, since also I have a 10% off first purchase the price right now sounds very well even with duties and taxes, ugh.

I guess I'll have to try again tomorrow to see what happens...

Also, it wouldn't hurt (actually I think it would be very cool) that the hardware were either anodized black or ruthenium (gunmetal) I would love that men's peekaboos would start to be produced with those shades in the hardware, I think those kind of finishes are quite masculine and cool and very understated against a palladium or gold finish, so if an essentials were to be made with that kind of hardware I'd gladly work it.
True. If the Peekaboo Essential or even the men's Peekaboo came out in an ultra black version with black hardware, then it would be even more wonderful, although in truth black hardware looks terrible once it gets scratched as the silver metal beneath starts to show through.

I liked the Peekaboo so much before the men's one came out that I almost got one with the Zucca lining and cross-body strap in large. I'm glad I didn't, because I prefer the new way they make the Peekaboo with the hand-painted edges.

Wow AJ, well, I honestly would've never thought that you'd like / use something like that, to me your style is quite understated and that peekaboo practically screams "LOOK AT MEE!!!", glad to see you getting out of your comfort zone (or at least analyzing the outfits I've seen you post, that's the conclusion I made).

But yeah, smooth leathers tend to get noticeable marks of handling, although I must say, I don't know if the leathers used are different but my mom's baguette (which is not selleria) has gone by without any marks (from what I've seen) so it's weird that a peekaboo (which is an icon for Fendi) uses such a smooth leather that it's naturally prone to marks.

Also the thing about those new models is, to me, even though they're very artisanal since they're hand painted, I think they're way too expensive just because someone took the time to get crazy with the paintbrush.

Also, this is going to sound very weird coming from me, but, in terms of expensive accessories (meaning bags themselves) I tend to go for smooths, meaning even when I like color blocking and bright shades, I usually go around something without a very graphical statement, I'd think twice when considering buying something with eyes or any other motif, I think I like to apply the principle that, i want to have a smooth and minimal canvas (meaning no eyes, motifs or anything) and then start to paint (accessorize) with charms or straps, that way if I really want a very serious / formal / minimal look, I can use the canvas (bag) with no accessories and not worry about drawing too much attention, although then again, in this case the attention grabbing part is inside the bag, so using it closed is also a way to go.
I actually like this Peekaboo because it's not totally out of my comfort zone. For days I want to look understated, then the front will be closed so it'll look like a normal blue bag, but when I want more colour, then I can drop the front down and VOILA! What a surprise!

As you have figured out, I'm usually more monochromatic. My favourite colour is black, and my favourite way to dress is all-black. Something about all-black looks nice to me. There's a strength to that look. For the longest time, I only had black bags, too. Now I have some brown bags too (and a blue Prada backpack). Kinda sad that they are still all very "safe" colours. I almost got a red Prada duffle bag on sale last November but I took too long to decide and it sold. That would've been totally out there for me.

I wear a few more colours in the summer but still prefer black, although it's impractical on long days out as it gets too hot with the sun warming up black clothing.

I agree about the hand-painting adding an extra thousand dollars to the price. Totally unjustified. Still, I was heartbroken to discover today (when I went to Saks) that they already started a presale and the bag is gone!!! I have a feeling it got marked down and sold immediately. I missed it being on sale, I think. Oh well...

Ok so, update, it seems the Coach bag I wanted, got discounted @ Saks.com, I was just about to confirm the purchase but then the website marked an error, I called the customer service number and they told me their system was having issues and that me being an international customer they usually don't process international orders over the phone (WTF?!) so I don't know if this is a sign that maybe I should wait if it get's a bigger discount or to not buy it at all, I'm quite conflicted because, since also I have a 10% off first purchase the price right now sounds very well even with duties and taxes, ugh.

I guess I'll have to try again tomorrow to see what happens...
I hope this works out and you are able to get it for a good price! Does your country charge high import duties and taxes? They usually add about 23% to the price in Canada, and after currency conversion, it's not even worth buying. That's why I now buy internationally only from duty-included websites like Luisaviaroma and Farfetch.

I hope this works out and you are able to get it for a good price! Does your country charge high import duties and taxes? They usually add about 23% to the price in Canada, and after currency conversion, it's not even worth buying. That's why I now buy internationally only from duty-included websites like Luisaviaroma and Farfetch.
Yeah, even though my country is part of the NAFTA duties and taxes usually go way high, although with the current price + 10% off the price is quite right and the duties and taxes are calculated against the all discounted price, so, the good news is, from what the guy at my local Coach said, the bag in the country was about 1120 USD, but with the Saks price includinng duties, taxes and shipping it would be 800 USD, now, I'm wondering since from what I saw in Saks website that Coach bag is not even part of the summer discounts, which is kind of odd, I checked any Coach 1941 bag and the only one that was discounted was the one I wanted, now I'm tempted to actually wait to see of the bag gets a bigger discount, ugh, I don't know what to do, I would die if the bag would turn out being sold out, I knew I wanted it since the first time I saw it, and seeing the regular colored (all in one color bags, i saw the black and white one) I really liked even the one colored ones, I know I'm going to love this one even more, because of the colors, anyways.

I guess that perhaps I'm going to have to monitor the inventory and see, I tried to put I don't know if 6 or 8 bags and the page did not marked it as low stock, so I'm guessing perhaps waiting is the way to go, I'm really crossing my fingers so that people don't find that color combo so desirable and it ends up on clearance or something, also it would be very good for my budget/wallet/credit cards since I just bought a jacket and sunglasses from Gilt on saturday (the jacket I bought I saw it IRL on November 2015 at a boutique at the capital, but it was way too effing expensive), then the following year (2016) I found it on Gilt but it was quite expensive still, so I waited, and waited, and waited, it turned out sold out, but magically it was restocked, so then I waited again, and again, and again, finally last week from the last 2 (one in a size that I tested 2 years ago and one bigger, which to my calculations was the one correct for me, since the one I tested was a little too tight) one sold and the final one, was discounted up to 80% off, so that's when I said to myself "it is now or never" so I finally got it out of my "waitlist" which to me is like a wishlist to keep track of stuff I want on more discount, and bought it.

It's a Diesel Black Gold grey (yes, grey, me, so uncharacteristic, although grey is also my other favorite color, is as mixable and dynamic like black but is not black) wool jacket with studs, and zippers, the moment I saw it 2 years ago I fell in love, then I almost had a heart attack when they told me the price, I practically threw it into the SA's hands, like a hot potato, hahahah.

It sounds silly but, since I've waited for that jacket for so long, and well in my town is really hot so the only way to use something like that is to wait til fall or winter, I want it as part of my b'day outfit for this year (my b'day is at the end of October), so, it is really something I look forward to :blush:.

674x898.jpg

That is also something as a motivation, in the last couple of months I've been very careless with my eating habits, so I've been gaining weight and a size of clothing so, with a goal to returning to form for my B'day and my outfit I think there's more chances I get back to my slim self soon, that's another reason why I haven't been posting as much as in the beginning.

That delicate balance between my love for (usually non healthy, delicious) food and my passion for fashion :shocked:.

Yeah, even though my country is part of the NAFTA duties and taxes usually go way high, although with the current price + 10% off the price is quite right and the duties and taxes are calculated against the all discounted price, so, the good news is, from what the guy at my local Coach said, the bag in the country was about 1120 USD, but with the Saks price includinng duties, taxes and shipping it would be 800 USD, now, I'm wondering since from what I saw in Saks website that Coach bag is not even part of the summer discounts, which is kind of odd, I checked any Coach 1941 bag and the only one that was discounted was the one I wanted, now I'm tempted to actually wait to see of the bag gets a bigger discount, ugh, I don't know what to do, I would die if the bag would turn out being sold out, I knew I wanted it since the first time I saw it, and seeing the regular colored (all in one color bags, i saw the black and white one) I really liked even the one colored ones, I know I'm going to love this one even more, because of the colors, anyways.

I guess that perhaps I'm going to have to monitor the inventory and see, I tried to put I don't know if 6 or 8 bags and the page did not marked it as low stock, so I'm guessing perhaps waiting is the way to go, I'm really crossing my fingers so that people don't find that color combo so desirable and it ends up on clearance or something, also it would be very good for my budget/wallet/credit cards since I just bought a jacket and sunglasses from Gilt on saturday (the jacket I bought I saw it IRL on November 2015 at a boutique at the capital, but it was way too effing expensive), then the following year (2016) I found it on Gilt but it was quite expensive still, so I waited, and waited, and waited, it turned out sold out, but magically it was restocked, so then I waited again, and again, and again, finally last week from the last 2 (one in a size that I tested 2 years ago and one bigger, which to my calculations was the one correct for me, since the one I tested was a little too tight) one sold and the final one, was discounted up to 80% off, so that's when I said to myself "it is now or never" so I finally got it out of my "waitlist" which to me is like a wishlist to keep track of stuff I want on more discount, and bought it.

It's a Diesel Black Gold grey (yes, grey, me, so uncharacteristic, although grey is also my other favorite color, is as mixable and dynamic like black but is not black) wool jacket with studs, and zippers, the moment I saw it 2 years ago I fell in love, then I almost had a heart attack when they told me the price, I practically threw it into the SA's hands, like a hot potato, hahahah.

It sounds silly but, since I've waited for that jacket for so long, and well in my town is really hot so the only way to use something like that is to wait til fall or winter, I want it as part of my b'day outfit for this year (my b'day is at the end of October), so, it is really something I look forward to :blush:.

674x898.jpg

That is also something as a motivation, in the last couple of months I've been very careless with my eating habits, so I've been gaining weight and a size of clothing so, with a goal to returning to form for my B'day and my outfit I think there's more chances I get back to my slim self soon, that's another reason why I haven't been posting as much as in the beginning.

That delicate balance between my love for (usually non healthy, delicious) food and my passion for fashion :shocked:.
Nice jacket! I love the detailing on the shoulders. And 80% off? It's a must!!!

As for the Coach bag, if you can put 6-8 in your cart and the stock still doesn't look low, then maybe it's best to wait. That's how I got Fusto. He was on sale at Ssense for 28% off at first (I think) and I thought maybe I would wait because they seemed to have lots in stock. Then he went to around 50% off and I had to buy him. He sold out very quickly at that price, but thankfully I waited.

I eat pretty unhealthily too, and to make sure I can fit my tight pants, I usually go for runs and, lately, long walks because the weather is nice. If you don't already do long walks, then try it for a few times. They are a great way to de-stress. Sometimes I fit shopping into my runs/walks, which isn't a good thing for my spending but I manage to find great deals because I go to check the store stock regularly.

Nice jacket! I love the detailing on the shoulders. And 80% off? It's a must!!!

As for the Coach bag, if you can put 6-8 in your cart and the stock still doesn't look low, then maybe it's best to wait. That's how I got Fusto. He was on sale at Ssense for 28% off at first (I think) and I thought maybe I would wait because they seemed to have lots in stock. Then he went to around 50% off and I had to buy him. He sold out very quickly at that price, but thankfully I waited.

I eat pretty unhealthily too, and to make sure I can fit my tight pants, I usually go for runs and, lately, long walks because the weather is nice. If you don't already do long walks, then try it for a few times. They are a great way to de-stress. Sometimes I fit shopping into my runs/walks, which isn't a good thing for my spending but I manage to find great deals because I go to check the store stock regularly.
Well last year I had the habit to jog for 3 km and walk 2, it is my goal to, perhaps not jog first but at least power walk 6km daily at least 3 times a week, aerobic excercise has been really good for me mentally and phisically but last year around july I stopped going, working out is not something I love to do, it has never been of my liking (I'm such a couch potato) but then again, I have to return to my healthy habits, it felt really nice to be skinny and feel good overall, I miss that (and miss the clothing that for now I'm not able to use), so, the goal is set and the path is clear, the only thing I have to do is actually decide I want to make the effort to go for what I know I can do.

Reactions: averagejoe
Greetings to all my fellow fendi fellas!!! Got invited to join the thread by averagejoe!!! Heres my maiden picture to the thread:
Wow! I LOVE your shirt. Your whole look is wonderfully coordinated! And in the background, your collection is impressive, and also impressively organized and displayed. It's like going shopping for your look every day, but from your own collection!

Reactions: nvs03lex
Greetings to all my fellow fendi fellas!!! Got invited to join the thread by averagejoe!!! Heres my maiden picture to the thread:

Very nice! Is that the LV 7 Days A Week bag? Was considering that bag at one stage to use as daily work bag. Do you find the base wide and structured enough so that the bag stands upright?

Loving the collection in the background too [emoji6]

Reactions: nvs03lex
Very nice! Is that the LV 7 Days A Week bag? Was considering that bag at one stage to use as daily work bag. Do you find the base wide and structured enough so that the bag stands upright?

Loving the collection in the background too [emoji6]

Greetings sirdinulus!!! Yes it is!!! And yes its structured enough to stand by itself BUT my bag is still pretty new so it might get soft later down the road. It seems pretty structure though to withstand daily use. I love that bag!!! Things to consider: handles do not fold down so when used with shoulder strap the handles might be in the way. I love the two zipped exterior pockets. I have the cosmos, i believe its sold out. The black one is still availible in damier leather. I was actually considering buying the black one also because i love that bag so much!!!