Fendi calf hair

Jujuma

O.G.
Nov 9, 2009
I just got a new, but older season, calf hair bag and it never occurred to me I might have problems with the hair but I've read some horror stories and I was wondering if anyone had a bag made out of this material from Fendi and if so did you do anything to protect it prior to using? Or if you do have one did you have any problems? I know it's not the same thing but I have a pair of clogs that I adore made out of a similar print/material and they wore like iron so I just assumed this bag would do as well, if not better given the quality of Fendi. My shoes did bald a little after a couple seasons, did I say I loved them LOL, but it really didn't bother me as it was hard to see because the hide was the same color as the hair on top. White was white, black was black. I was planning on using this bag as an everyday one come fall so any pre use directions would be great. Thanks!

Fendi is first and foremost a high end Furrier before a maker of handbags and other goods. So the quality is there, but as with all fur and calf hair goods, proper care must be taken to avoid hair loss and deterioration.

Calf hair goods from any maker are notorious for losing the hair over time. Primarily from excessive wear and excessive heat & dryness. When not in use, keep the calf hair bag in a cool - not too dry or moist environment and not stuffed in a bag that does not breathe (Fendi sleeper is fine - but no plastic bags).

I have some calf hair bags with no loss of hair at all that I've had for many years.... but they are not everyday bags...so you may experience some wear over time just from use. YMMV :smile:

Fendi is first and foremost a high end Furrier before a maker of handbags and other goods. So the quality is there, but as with all fur and calf hair goods, proper care must be taken to avoid hair loss and deterioration.

Calf hair goods from any maker are notorious for losing the hair over time. Primarily from excessive wear and excessive heat & dryness. When not in use, keep the calf hair bag in a cool - not too dry or moist environment and not stuffed in a bag that does not breathe (Fendi sleeper is fine - but no plastic bags).

I have some calf hair bags with no loss of hair at all that I've had for many years.... but they are not everyday bags...so you may experience some wear over time just from use. YMMV :smile:

Good to know. I laugh cuz my basement is a meat locker in the summer, older home-new air conditioning-heat rises, you get it. I have some older furs and vests that I no longer can justify storage on cuz I don't wear them that much so I put a wardrobe down there for them. I will move this bag down there too. It is not this season's bag but it is brand new so hopefully it will hold up pretty well. Thanks for the tips!