Anybody who is buying or has bought the "By The Way" bag?

@DynoPno Hi! I just bought the same bag from Fashionphile! (It’s not yours, correct?!?!) Are you still enjoying it? I paid $1k because it has a scuff on the side, otherwise I’m sure it would have been a lot more.

I bought a BTW bag 5 years ago full price, and have regretted returning it ever since. Now I’m nervous about keeping this one (I’m assuming my kids will want to go to college someday. ) I’m also worried it will sit in my closet because I don’t want it to get damaged, because that’s what I do with most of my bags!

I suppose I’m asking if I should keep and make myself enjoy carrying it, or return. Help! ☺️
IMO bags are for using. So, if you feel you will be too scared to use it, I’d say return. There is no reason to tie up money in something that will give you guilt.

IMG_5663.jpg
@cookcather I haven't sold mine. Here is my By The Way bag next to my chair on the wood floor taken today. I can take photos of any view in any room at your request.
I usually give away my bags, even to Salvation Army for donation. I have never sold any of my bags in the past. Hope this helps.

I do agree this is a delicate bag, but it does have two sides. So, think of Two-Bags for the Price-of-One if you are afraid to use it.
I will be leaving for Florida vacation this week so if you leave questions, I will respond whenever I get a chance.

Thanks for asking and Happy Holliday.

Help! Help! Help!

I love the functionality of my large Fendi By The Way. But, over time, the corners are sagging and it’s ruined my love for the bag.

Has anyone solved this issue to reclaim the original structure of the bag? Are there repair services to fox this?

Alternatively, are there other ways to decorate or redo the bag to help me see joy in it again? I’d love your suggestions. Thanks!CA7E1068-7082-432F-9C0C-156DF79B528F.jpeg

Help! Help! Help!

I love the functionality of my large Fendi By The Way. But, over time, the corners are sagging and it’s ruined my love for the bag.

Has anyone solved this issue to reclaim the original structure of the bag? Are there repair services to fox this?

Alternatively, are there other ways to decorate or redo the bag to help me see joy in it again? I’d love your suggestions. Thanks!View attachment 5284670
Have you considered a purse organizer? If fitted correctly, it might help with the visuals (though it won’t permanently reclaim the original structure of the bag). I don’t have this wear on my tri colour medium BTW (posted pics of mine on this thread before) but my regular size Mon Tresour Bucket bag has developed the same crease in the front (same smooth leather as BTW). Since it is a nature of a soft leather on a non-structured bag so I don’t really mind it much, but if it bothers you - purse organizer might worth a try as it’s a beautiful bag.
Good luck!

Have you considered a purse organizer? If fitted correctly, it might help with the visuals (though it won’t permanently reclaim the original structure of the bag). I don’t have this wear on my tri colour medium BTW (posted pics of mine on this thread before) but my regular size Mon Tresour Bucket bag has developed the same crease in the front (same smooth leather as BTW). Since it is a nature of a soft leather on a non-structured bag so I don’t really mind it much, but if it bothers you - purse organizer might worth a try as it’s a beautiful bag.
Good luck!
The center zip section keeps a purse organizer from being an option. So, I’m just going to sell the bag.

How are people liking the changes to the strap on the BTW bag? I am assuming the strap has changed for all sizes. I currently have a mini BTW bag from about 5 years ago so it has the strap that used the snaps. I'd like to add another BTW bag to my collection and wanted some feedback on the new strap as I quite liked the snaps.

Are there any news new colors for By The Way this spring or summer? I’d like to get one soon, but honestly, I find the current colors a little uninspiring :hrmm:

Haven’t seen any new colors besides the usual. I actually recently bought a small BTW in black (love black bags) and have been using it everyday. Can fit essentials easily. Very lightweight and understated. I’ve read about the scuffed corners issue, but I like the bag enough to overlook that. I’ll check back into this thread w an update a year later!

D7F928C7-0852-4058-8C35-215155EBB267.jpeg

How are people liking the changes to the strap on the BTW bag? I am assuming the strap has changed for all sizes. I currently have a mini BTW bag from about 5 years ago so it has the strap that used the snaps. I'd like to add another BTW bag to my collection and wanted some feedback on the new strap as I quite liked the snaps.

So the new strap isn’t the one w the snaps anymore?

Haven’t seen any new colors besides the usual. I actually recently bought a small BTW in black (love black bags) and have been using it everyday. Can fit essentials easily. Very lightweight and understated. I’ve read about the scuffed corners issue, but I like the bag enough to overlook that. I’ll check back into this thread w an update a year later!

View attachment 5295865
Beautiful bag! I’d totally get a black one too, but I’ve decided that don’t need yet another black bag. I love how understated and elegant the BTW is. Enjoy the bag and please do check in with an update later!

Reactions: lindacherie
Beautiful bag! I’d totally get a black one too, but I’ve decided that don’t need yet another black bag. I love how understated and elegant the BTW is. Enjoy the bag and please do check in with an update later!

Not sure if you saw this color already, but there’s supposedly one more left if it’s the color you’re looking for.

82E02FF5-C19F-4C52-987C-19E7CC5A554F.png

Good luck w your search!

So the new strap isn’t the one w the snaps anymore?
I saw somewhere that the someone was talking about a new strap that didn't use the snaps but instead used open notches in one side of strap and metal piece in other side that would be pushed into notches. I haven't actually seen this in person and don't know if this has really happened...or maybe only happening on certain sizes? I don't know too much about it besides what I read on another post somewhere.

I saw somewhere that the someone was talking about a new strap that didn't use the snaps but instead used open notches in one side of strap and metal piece in other side that would be pushed into notches. I haven't actually seen this in person and don't know if this has really happened...or maybe only happening on certain sizes? I don't know too much about it besides what I read on another post somewhere.
This is true with the current mini size. I tried it on in store.