Fendi Back To School Backpack: Are you feeling it?

happy.daze

Jul 15, 2014
Hello Purse-lovers! Just wanted to know if anyone has picked up the Fendi 'Back To School' leather backpack? And if so, what are your thoughts of the bag?

I got mine recently from an online retailer as the deal was too good to pass over! Tried to do a bit of research whilst I was debating whether to get it or not, but as it is a relatively new model (SS 2017 I think), there isn't much out there on it. Came across a YouTube video posted by Melsoldera recently, of her mini version and decided to bite the bullet, as I do not have a backpack in my collection. Hers is really pretty and more jazzy, bright pink and burgundy with pearl detailing, whilst mine is the bigger regular size in a more subtle 'Blue Powder'. I really like the versatility of the bag, you can use it 3-ways: 1) Backpack, 2) Cross-body, 3) Tote it around by its detachable top handle.

I will post some pics below. Please let me know your thoughts! Do you think it is a good investment, or have a made a huge mistake??

Attachments

• IMG_5061.JPG
    IMG_5061.JPG
    138.8 KB · Views: 1,032
  • IMG_4640.JPG
    IMG_4640.JPG
    145.6 KB · Views: 1,195
  • IMG_6763.JPG
    IMG_6763.JPG
    154.9 KB · Views: 875
I'll be honest. I got the bag and returned it. I loved the versatility of the bag and how it looked. But the biggest issue i have with it is how difficult it is to close. It's almost impossible to close if the bag is not filled. I knew that would bother me, so i returned it. But if you can live with that and it isn't such a big issue for you, definitely keep it.

I have a 2jours in the same colour and it's beautiful.

Thank you for all your kind comments, everyone! Very encouraging for me.

the biggest issue i have with it is how difficult it is to close. It's almost impossible to close if the bag is not filled.

I agree. The bag is tricky to close when not filled/stuffed. I have had an opportunity to take my new acquisition out for a little 'test drive' today: so far, not so bad. I have to kind of lie the back of the bag flat on my hand and then press down. That seems to work for the time-being, so a work in progress methinks!

There is another back to school backpack thread on this forum and someone put a ministrap on it! The bag is so cool!

Haha! Literally don't know how I didn't find that thread. The mini Strap You really elevated the whole look of the bag and makes it more fun. I would really like to get this one for my own bag (blue with orange trim and pearl embellishments) :

https://www.fendi.com/gb/leather-shoulder-strap/p-8AV105A1AGF11IRFendi Strap You.jpg

Guess I'd better start saving ;)

Last edited:
I've been eyeing the Back to School backpack for quite some time now! I love the many different ways you can wear it. I personally think it looks better than the Chloe Faye backpack. Yours is lovely! Congrats!

Thank you, everyone!

I have taken it out a couple of times now. The elbow tote and crossbody functions have come in handy. Whilst the closure takes a bit of getting used to if the bag is not full, I do really like the edgy/cool look of the bag with the palladium hardware, especially as I have nothing quite like it in my collection. It is roomy enough for everyday items. It is composed of soft calf leather, but holds its structure well enough. Mine is a light neutral-ish colour, so looking forward to carrying it on a lot of casual outings in the warmer months!

Hi - just thought I share this... I saw Melsoderra use a longer Strap You with her mini backpack and it was like a completely different look for her bag! this bag might just get my vote!

Thank you, everyone!

I have taken it out a couple of times now. The elbow tote and crossbody functions have come in handy. Whilst the closure takes a bit of getting used to if the bag is not full, I do really like the edgy/cool look of the bag with the palladium hardware, especially as I have nothing quite like it in my collection. It is roomy enough for everyday items. It is composed of soft calf leather, but holds its structure well enough. Mine is a light neutral-ish colour, so looking forward to carrying it on a lot of casual outings in the warmer months!

Hi Happy.Daze,

First, you were my inspiration to get this backpack. Love the color that you choose! I purchased a black one from Flannels.com since Chase Amie has bought a couple of her handbags this UK site. And I got a really got deal as well. However, now I am thinking that I might have received a fake one. This is my first Fendi bag and my dust bag is black with with letters. There is no authenticity card or serial number attached to the bag. There is only the "Fendi Roma" tag sewn in the lining. I know you returned yours but do you remember if it is the same conditions? Does this model have authenticity cards? I am so sorry for all the questions but I hope you or someone else can provide me with some insight. Thank you so much!!

Hi Happy.Daze,

First, you were my inspiration to get this backpack. Love the color that you choose! I purchased a black one from Flannels.com since Chase Amie has bought a couple of her handbags this UK site. And I got a really got deal as well. However, now I am thinking that I might have received a fake one. This is my first Fendi bag and my dust bag is black with with letters. There is no authenticity card or serial number attached to the bag. There is only the "Fendi Roma" tag sewn in the lining. I know you returned yours but do you remember if it is the same conditions? Does this model have authenticity cards? I am so sorry for all the questions but I hope you or someone else can provide me with some insight. Thank you so much!!
So sorry! Silly me. I misread the thread. You still have the bag! I hope you are enjoying it.

I am feeling it! I bought the mini bts in yellow and its so versatile and light! I want a larger version in black for sure.

In terms of capacity, the mini is like double of what the mini btw can hold so pretty good if you own a cam with a lens.

In terms of closure i’ve found its much easier when crossbody and against my leg for stability.