***** FENDI AUTHENTICATORS ***** need your input please

Addy

The Odd Mod
Authenticator
O.G.
Apr 19, 2006
Hiya ladies,

Are you okay with me implementing the same process for the Authenticate This Fendi thread that exists in most of the other sub-forums?

It will allow for use to keep track of sellers as well as reduce duplicate requests for the same item. Plus people have to do their homework when asking about an item. :P

Look here for the AT LV one: http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vu...ead-rules-use-format-567761.html#post14559794

Your input would be greatly appreciated. :smile:

Hiya ladies,

Are you okay with me implementing the same process for the Authenticate This Fendi thread that exists in most of the other sub-forums?

It will allow for use to keep track of sellers as well as reduce duplicate requests for the same item. Plus people have to do their homework when asking about an item. :P

Look here for the AT LV one: http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vu...ead-rules-use-format-567761.html#post14559794

hi Addy, even though the fendi thread doed not move as fast as LV and Bal, adding the rules and format would be awesome. i dont often auth. , BL1 and A.S. have much more experience than me. i try to help if i know additional info is needed.
from my point of view , being a member that asks to get items auth. and seeing how much work you authencators put in to responding, i see it makes it much easier on you. does that make sense?

Addy -- I do like most of what LV is doing, but I personally feel it is "wrong" to instruct members to search for a particular seller as an indicator or authenticity. This may apply to some LV certified seller, but not so much FENDI.

I never verify by seller as some sellers may not know the line well enough to be consistent in offering authentic bags. I have seen many Ebay sellers with both authentic & nonauthentic bags for sale....for instance.

I would also suggest that we emphasize the need for clear & close up pics of serial #s & hologram tags(if applicable).

We very likely cannot give an opinion on
Non-handbag items such as:
Belts
clothing
scarves

Thanks for asking for our input! :nuts:
BL.1

ah, BL.1 you make a very good point in regards to the sellers. when i hunt for a Fendi bag and ask for the pics , many times i get a response "oh, i didn't know it even had a tag inside, wow i found it".

i was under the impression that puttng the format for seller ID was to help search on the thread to find if the item in question had already been posted.. :smile:

Addy -- I do like most of what LV is doing, but I personally feel it is "wrong" to instruct members to search for a particular seller as an indicator or authenticity. This may apply to some LV certified seller, but not so much FENDI.

I never verify by seller as some sellers may not know the line well enough to be consistent in offering authentic bags. I have seen many Ebay sellers with both authentic & nonauthentic bags for sale....for instance.

I would also suggest that we emphasize the need for clear & close up pics of serial #s & hologram tags(if applicable).

We very likely cannot give an opinion on
Non-handbag items such as:
Belts
clothing
scarves

Thanks for asking for our input! :nuts:
BL.1

Great suggestions BL! :biggrin:

Please see mzedith's post above mine for the rationale about searching for the seller...

ah, BL.1 you make a very good point in regards to the sellers. when i hunt for a Fendi bag and ask for the pics , many times i get a response "oh, i didn't know it even had a tag inside, wow i found it".

i was under the impression that puttng the format for seller ID was to help search on the thread to find if the item in question had already been posted.. :smile:

Thanks mzedith! You read my foggy mind and made it crystal clear in text :P

I miswrote my thoughts :P

Are there any more Fendi authenticators that need to read this thread?

i know A.S. is probably still down on her internet, she recently moved.

i got a kicked out of your comment about a "foggy mind", i have lived in So. Cal all my life and i still can't get used to earthquakes.., 4am this morning, we got a what they call a "small shaker", didn't feel like that to me, the center was in the town next to ours, so im in a haze today, could not get back to sleep...

i will try to get a hold of A.S. and see if she can respond.

Addy, I still keep in touch w/Lit -- she puts in long hours as an Attorney in WA DC so does not have much time to spend at TPF. She drops in every so often to the FENDI area...and helps out when I go on vacay & the like...;)

Addy, I still keep in touch w/Lit -- she puts in long hours as an Attorney in WA DC so does not have much time to spend at TPF. She drops in every so often to the FENDI area...and helps out when I go on vacay & the like...;)

oh, thanks for the update BL.1. I really like the Spy compliation she has done, Amazing job and so helpful. Espcially if anyone that is planning on venturing into the Spy world. :biggrin:

Hiya ladies,

I will be starting a new thread with the info above in a few days...

Okay darlings, I've started the new AT Fendi thread with the new format that most other sub-forums are following

Let me know if you have any questions :smile: