Feminine Problems!! eep!

Your pain sounds a lot like mine's! it sucks!!

omg every single month (unless I get lucky one month) I want to die. i get hot flashes right before i get unbearable stomach cramps and i just have to lay in bed and hug my stomach. it's insanely painful for me but thankfully advil makes it go away for a few hours.

oh yea, i usually cry to try to get over the pain too.

I hope you feel better soon!! And like everyone has said already...go see a doctor! I see my doctor for every little problem, just in case....recently I had irregular bleeding (I am on Depo..so I shouldn't be bleeding at ALL)...and the doctor found a polyp on my cervix! Thankfully they removed it and it was benign...but still I wasn't expecting that at all! ALWAYS get things checked out!!!

Also, about the Depo Provera (also called "the shot" or w/e)....it is awesome because you don't get your period anymore! But it does depend on how your body handles it. So maybe it would give you no more periods (or cramps) FOREVER! :biggrin:

You need to get it checked out by your doctor but I wouldn't worry too much about it. I get terrible pains as well.

One second, I'd be on the verge of tears, then the next I'll be "If you come any closer, I'll stab you in the eye with my handbag!"... First day is terrible :wacko:

:love: to all those who have painful periods.

One thing that we are led to believe that cramps, breast tenderness, headaches are natural effects of our monthly period. Well, a healthy woman is not supposed to feel these things. Underlying causes of these symptoms are hormone imbalance, endemetriosis or other gynecological problems that need to be diagnosed by a doctor. I was diagnosed with endemetriosis and hormone imbalance last year. After doing some research, I found out there are so many causes of hormone imbalance, from the food we eat, to the products that we use (anything with parabens, like lotion), even freezing bottled water! I opted to seek eastern medical treatment because I felt that this is more conservative because my western medical doctor wanted me to take artificial progesterone (which is found to cause cancer). Right now, I am taking herbal medicine and undergoing acupuncture once a week. Dani, I suggest you see a gynecologist to see what is wrong. Please keep me posted.

I'm so glad you're feeling better Dani. :smile: Maybe your trip to the gym helped? I've heard that exercise during a period helps lessen the pain.

I actually have a related question- Does anyone know if it is really necessary to see a gyno? I'm 25 and have never seen one, and everyone keeps telling me that I need to.

spiralsnowman said:
I actually have a related question- Does anyone know if it is really necessary to see a gyno? I'm 25 and have never seen one, and everyone keeps telling me that I need to.

I think if you're sexually active, you should go see a gyno for a pap smear and other tests you're suppose to get annually. I usually require my gyno to be a female since I'm not comfortable of letting a male doc see my most private part. :lol:

Dani, I hope you're feeling better now. I usually don't get severe pain or cramps from my period but when I do get them, I usually end up staying at home in bed all day since the cramps will be unbearable and I just can't get out of the bed. I avoid pain killers since I hate pills of any kind so I usually have a heating pad on my stomach and just try to go to sleep. I notice that I get cramps when I'm stress or lack of exercise. I recommend you go see a doctor if it gets worst.

Dani, you and I must be experiencing similar symptoms. I usually have a pretty hard time leading up to Flo, and on the first day for a couple of hours. After the first day, smooth sailing. However, a few days ago, I actually woke up at 5am (on a Saturday!!!) to really bad cramps and could not fall asleep. I grabbed my heating pad, popped in a few Advils, and watched Harry Potter (:shame: ) until it went away. Never been woken up in the middle of the night before with major cramps.

I hope you feel better soon!

I have the same experiences every month on the 1st day of the Flo. You HAVE to have Excedrin or Midol (menstrual cramp pain reliever) and take it as soon as you feel the pain. Then, you won't go through that pain. My aunt is the same way. And I asked her if it was more painful than giving birth (she has 2 kids), and she said YES. So, yes, it is quite painful. First time I experience it back in college, I couldn't breathe b/c it was so painful and I had to crawl across the hallway to my friends' dormroom and ask for help. We were instructed to take warm/hot water and Excedrin and the pain went away.

In beginning of January this year, I was out of country and forgot to take Midol w/me. So....one day the Flo time came, and I thought, 'hmm...it'll be ok..I can handle the pain' and that was the day I had to go run errands w/my mom. We were on a public transportation and I had to ask the bus to let me off. It was so painful I just started crying and my mom had to run to the nearest pharmacy to get painkillers for me.

The good thing is, that now I'm not afraid of giving birth in the future, LOL~~ b/c I know it can't be any worse than my PMS pain!

Guys, I know this might sound weird- but have any of you ever tried ginger tea? It may not taste so great, but it really helps me relieve the pain/cramps and feel better. Just buy ginger root, cut into several large pieces, boil in hot water and drink. This is for the naturalists out there-

I try my best not to take painkillers unless I really need them.

Ladies since we are on this topic already about periods, I am so embarassed to say this but I don't get one every month. I dont even get it every three months. My period is very very very rare. I probably get it only twice a year. I know this is weird and I haven't had ever seen a gyno before. I am scared something is wrong with me and I think a reason i never seen a gyno before is because what i might find out! Does anyone else have this problem?

How long have you had your period for? When you first get it it's usually never regular.

As far as I know, and irregular period can be caused by over-exercising, eating disorders ( anorexia nervosa doesn't allow for enough fat to have a period.)

I would definitly reccomend going to your gyno, they're not half as scary as everyone makes them out to be, and it's better to know what's going on with your body! :smile:

Mine is irregular, but usually no more than give or take two weeks, and since I'm 20 my gyno said this is still normal.

PS.

Isn't it horrible that so many of us have such painful periods? I swear, if men got periods there would be a better cure for the pain, and bloating, and cramping etc-- because there is no way a guy would EVER handle it, lol- I mean... they can hardly handle a cold!

love2shop said:
Ladies since we are on this topic already about periods, I am so embarassed to say this but I don't get one every month. I dont even get it every three months. My period is very very very rare. I probably get it only twice a year. I know this is weird and I haven't had ever seen a gyno before. I am scared something is wrong with me and I think a reason i never seen a gyno before is because what i might find out! Does anyone else have this problem?

You should probably go see a doctor...it's not as bad as you think it might be. I promise. I went my first time (and I'm 26) last year, and felt more embarassed about putting it off for SO long (always had convenient excuses).

Well, i got my period when i was 16 or 15 and now i am 20 yrs old. When i do get it, i have it for about one week. Then, i dont really know when it will come back, next year or a few months from now.......etc...To be honest, i kind of like not having my period even though i know it is good for me to have it. i keep putting it off to go to the gyno. feels weird having someone look down there. lol

My period used to be like that. I remember having to go home from school more than once because it was so bad. My doctor's gave me prescription painkillers which helped a little, then put me on medication to control my hormones when I was 15. A few years after that I changed onto the Pill, and now its pretty bearable. I had a bad one a few months ago in the supermarket, but otherwise its regular and reasonably without pain. Finally!