Feminine Problems!! eep!

Dani

Feb 3, 2006
Ok girls ( boys, if this kind of topic bothers you don't read any further!)

As we all know, our monthyl friend can be a big pain. It can make us reevaluate that bikini, or trip to the beach. It can make up paranoid to wear light colored pants. Sometimes it's not too much of a bother, but sometimes it is downright PAINFUL.

I awoke this morning to slight discomfort, and tried to sleep it off, I quickly discovered that I was WRONG. Cut to a few hours later and I was in so much pain I though I was going to pass out- and I'm not prone to exaggeration ( often. :P). I literally had SEARING, as opposed to more of a sharp, pain. I felt sick to my stomache and literally ran back to my room and cried untill I calmed down enough to go on a desperate quest for pain relievers. A few hours and a couple avils/tylenol later I'm doing alright and contemplating a little trip to the gym, but just a few hours ago I as in so much pain I couldn't even see straight! That's never happened to me before.

Have any of you ladies experienced such problems with Aunt Flo, and if so how would you reccomend dealing with them? :-P

Feel free to share any little horror stories of your own, I just needed to vent about this! Oh, the joys of being a woman. :suspiciou

I've never experienced anything like that before. Did you ever have this pain before? You might want to schedule an appointment with your gynocologist. Some discomfort is typical, but I don't think you should be hurting to the point of feeling like you're going to pass out. :worried:

yeah, i'd schedule an appt with the gyn, if you've never had pain like this before. also, try warm compresses. that might help with the pain a little bit.

I would strongly suggest you see a docter, was your flow heavy ? when I had the most unbearable pain and heavy flow I was diagnosed with Iron Deficiency. I was given Iron tablets big enough for a horse. Are you on the pill ?

I'm not on the pill, I'm genetically predisposed to life-threatening blood clots, and I have yet to take the blood test required for me to get a prescription for them. It's my first day, so it is heavy like always. I'm definitly going to see my gyn about this when I go back home, it's getting icky! I don't like being subject to my periods whims!

Dani, I've experienced that before! My pain was quite different. It was a sharp pain but I was having chest pains therefore causing breathing problems. I don't know what the heck it was. I went to the ER and they just gave me Vicodin. I was so embarassed:shame: Vicodin for menstrual cramps? The doctor said that it's normal.
I made an appointment to see my OB-Gyn and she also said that it's normal. So girl, you're not alone. :biggrin:

Dani said:
I'm not on the pill, I'm genetically predisposed to life-threatening blood clots, and I have yet to take the blood test required for me to get a prescription for them. It's my first day, so it is heavy like always. I'm definitly going to see my gyn about this when I go back home, it's getting icky! I don't like being subject to my periods whims!

I know how you feel, but we very concerned about you, I feel you should let you DR know of the intensity and location of the pain things like this should not be ignored so please keep us posted.

aww, thanks very much for the concrn ladies! I will keep you posted as to how it's all going!

and pursegalsf, I'm glad I'm not alone!! I considered calling 911, and asking them to bring me pain relief! Can you imagine...

"Hello, 911 emergency how can I help you?"

"I HAVE CRAMPS. COME NOW!!!!!!"

lol.

I'm only in such a good mood because of the advil combo. :smile: thanks for the concern you guys, seriously.:heart: :smile:

I would definitely have it checked :biggrin: There could be a lot of reasons why your body reacted the way it did, and if anything its best to find out so it doesnt happen again. I've never experienced that myself, but it sounds pretty scary.

Cramps can be terrible, deathly feeling -- and doctors don't really know why.

Apparently, it can just be something that your body is going through, and, once you are out of your twenties, it is gone -- you kind of 'grow out of it.' I really think that too little is known about all of this, still!

I would definitely go to the ER or your OB and ask for a sonogram. I had this pain a couple times, went to the emergency room, had tests and got nothing out of it. They couldn't figure it out. Once I stayed overnight because they thought it might be my appendix.

It wasn't until I had my daughter that they realized what it was. I have a fibroid inside me, which grew with my daughter. It was very painful at times. This was probably the reason for my pain the last few years. However in the ER, they never gave me a sonogram - which would have detected this. I did get a CAT scan though. Whatever... It shrunk after I delivered, and hasn't given me problems (as of yet).

Please go get checked! At least get some pain meds!

melisande said:
Cramps can be terrible, deathly feeling -- and doctors don't really know why.

Apparently, it can just be something that your body is going through, and, once you are out of your twenties, it is gone -- you kind of 'grow out of it.' I really think that too little is known about all of this, still!

I wish this was the case for me. I was in my early 30's when this pain from the fibroid got worse.:sad:

It's amazing, all the stuff that can go wrong. Like you say, better to be looked at, if you are feeling this kind of pain. The worrisome thing is that they weren't able to figure out what was wrong with you for so long!