Fellow bag-a-holics...need an opinion...

Suzerstar

Dec 13, 2005
I'm thinking of buying the Gucci boston bag beige gg w/ white leather trim for my spring/summer bag...I have a good pic of it but don't know how to post it. I just recently recieved my horsebit hobo (so worth the 100 year wait!)and OMG do I love it :love: :love: :love: what are your opinions on the Boston bag??

is it this one?
cl_hb_130942_F4DYG_9773-full.jpg

146002_F06QG_8598

to post a pic from the gucci website, you have to select a bag on the right. that turns off the flash animation. then, you right click on the pic, go to 'properties' and copy the web location of the pic. voila!

The Boston bag is very cute... The only thing that I think about is--are you a shoulder purse person or a handbag purse person? The handbag can get old if you prefer a shoulder purse...

Have you looked at this purse? http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod28410039&parentId=cat6400732&masterId=cat6170735&index=4&cmCat=cat000000cat000141cat000149cat000226cat2880735cat6170735cat6400732

I'm 99% sure it comes in a cream patent leather--I'm really into patent leather--must have been all those patent shoes from when I was a kid. Anyways, that bag looks as though it could fit on the shoulder if you're looking for more of a structured shape like the Boston but in a shoulder strap. That's my two cents.

I have tried the Gucci Boston bag that Amanda posted, it was a little bulbous on the side of the sillouhette of the body....be sure it's comfortable for your frame, imo.

star3777 said:
I have tried the Gucci Boston bag that Amanda posted, it was a little bulbous on the side of the sillouhette of the body....be sure it's comfortable for your frame, imo.

I agree w/Starr. The bag is a little "bulbous" (good word). I would try it on first. And if you try the large boston, it's beyond bulbous; it's huge!