Fell On My Face - What to do?

chessmont

O.G.
Aug 22, 2006
It happened so fast as I was getting up out of my chair my sandal tip caught on the rug and I literally tipped over on my face!!!!! I was wearing glasses and they mashed into my face hard. Besides screwing up the bridge of my nose (another whole possible PS story), I had 2 very badly bruised eyes. This was October.

Now the bruises are gone, but I have crescent-shaped dark lines where the bottom rims of the glasses hit my face. I am thinking they are broken capillaries though they are darkish brown, not red. I have a consult at Cosmetic and PS center next week but I am curious if any of you know if there is a procedure that will remove these marks.

I have tried so many makeup solutions and I swear it looks even worse with foundation on. Will laser remove this? It is in a place that makes the concave area under my eyes look even worse, looks like a shadow until you examine closely. Sorry for the long post. TIA. The only procedure I have ever had is Ultherapy (twice, as the first time didn't work) Well, neither did the second time it was a waste of money...

Reactions: daisychainz
so I had a consult today at a Medspa. They said a series of IPL Intense Pulsed Light laser would take care of the dark broken capillaries plus they will do the veins on the sides of my nose. Not cheap but I am so self-conscious I have to get rid of them!

Good luck with the procedure and I hope it works out for you. :flowers: I also fell and injured my face about 7 years ago and needed stitches near my cheek, and it never healed right. A laser was not an option for me according to the doctor, and so the scar just darkened over the years to a purple/brown color that makeup can only do so much to hide. I have debated going back to see about laser treatments also. I feel your pain. Face injuries can have a huge impact on self-confidence so I hope you get some relief from the treatment.

Reactions: chessmont
Good luck with the procedure and I hope it works out for you. :flowers: I also fell and injured my face about 7 years ago and needed stitches near my cheek, and it never healed right. A laser was not an option for me according to the doctor, and so the scar just darkened over the years to a purple/brown color that makeup can only do so much to hide. I have debated going back to see about laser treatments also. I feel your pain. Face injuries can have a huge impact on self-confidence so I hope you get some relief from the treatment.
Thanks daisy chains so sorry yours didn't turn out too well. But maybe there have been medical advances since, and something can be done - good luck!

Reactions: daisychainz
well I had my first IPL treatment today and it was amazing as far as taking 99% of the red veins off my nose! Still a few, but I have 3 more sessions. The aesthetician said she sees some veins under my eyes where the glasses hit but it looks like there are more shadows than veins. I may have the terminology wrong but she said that sometimes when bad bruising occurs, (iron?) remains at a site and causes darker shadows. IPL does nothing for this. After I am done with my treatments in a few months she will start me on a bleaching (not quite the right word) type solution to try and lighten those marks. So a bad news/good news visit. Was pretty bummed about the dark circles being more of a problem the I thought...I have no dermatology training etc but I can't see how a serum or whatever can get rid of dark matter in the skin. Maybe somebody here knows more than me about this.