Felicity Huffman and Lori Loughlin among dozens charged in alleged college cheating scam

I agree, and let's face it .. a good number of attendees at the "prestigious" universities also get in because Mom or Dad attended and they contribute greatly to the Alumnus fund or other areas. Heck, I saw this when I went to Yale and more than a few times, scratched my head until a classmate told me the "particulars". That's not going to change ..
It's similar to Mr ***** saying he went to the Wharton School at Univ of Penn. First off he started out at a lesser college then transferred to U of Penn so his diploma is from there. His Dad also went there, but I think Jr was a dud academically and he had to start out elsewhere and then transfer. It happens at the Ivies and everywhere else.

Reactions: CeeJay
It's similar to Mr ***** saying he went to the Wharton School at Univ of Penn. First off he started out at a lesser college then transferred to U of Penn so his diploma is from there. His Dad also went there, but I think Jr was a dud academically and he had to start out elsewhere and then transfer. It happens at the Ivies and everywhere else.
Interestingly enough, President ***** did the same. He started at Occidental and finished at Columbia University.

she survived
I think Martha Stewart did a lot more time.....I see no reason why Lori and her husband shouldn't do as much as Martha
Martha is the role model for inmates imo. She did her time, no whining, came out and went back to her business.
I have always admired her after that.
Massimo will have a tougher time in jail, imo. He looks small and weak.
Lori grew up in Hauppauge. She can handle herself, imo.

Reactions: lanasyogamama
Martha is the role model for inmates imo. She did her time, no whining, came out and went back to her business.
I have always admired her after that.
Massimo will have a tougher time in jail, imo. He looks small and weak.
Lori grew up in Hauppauge. She can handle herself, imo.
LOL - Hauppauge. I used to work there many years ago :smile:

Reactions: limom
There is language in the plea deal that says that they won’t start their sentences for 90 days from judgment. (I think the date trigger is judgment, but can’t recall for sure.) looks like an effort to account for the virus. The plea deal is for her to spend 2 months in jail and him to spend 90 days, though the judge is not required to give those sentences. Don’t recall reading if they will stagger their sentences so that there is always one parent at home.

Many people transfer. Where I live many people go to JC either to save money or because they couldn't get into university. Then they transfer as a junior. It doesn't make their degree worth less. In hindsight, I wish we had made our daughter go to JC for 2 years. It would saved us a lot of money.

Do either of their daughters live at home? I thought Olivia moved in with her BF after this broke out and she's the youngest one. They don't imo need staggered sentences both of thier kids are adults.

I don't know enough about the process can the judge require them to serve more time? Or postpone it for say a year and a half waiting for covid to be somewhat controlled by then? Just curious because I know their judge was dishing out heftier sentences 2-3 months are way less than others who were in the same boat and plead guilty right away.

I honestly don't see either of them serving because of covid. And as many others have noted far more serious criminals have been released early because of covid. I feel like they are using their get out of jail free card and are taking advantage of the pandemic. If we change to guilty we can make this go away quicker and we won't have to do any time.