Feet Shrinking? OR CL Becoming True To Size?

Stinas

O.G.
Mar 7, 2007
Ok, so lately I have been wearing from a 37.5-38.5, not the usual 39-40. I have not gained(that much lol) nor lost any pounds...so I cant understand why in the world my CL sizing is off. I wore my Decolletes today, which are a 40 and they are slipping off. They are already broken in & ive worn them a million times. I just dont get it. Am I the only one???

My sizing hasn't differed as much as yours, but I've bought CLs in the past that were snug on me when I first tried them on, then somehow by the next day they're too big and slip off my feet :shrugs: I guess it's just my feet being swollen sometimes or something. I don't know why your size would differ between before and now, though.

I notice that my feet get slightly smaller or slightly larger when I loose or gain weight. Of course, your feet do not have a high capacity to store body fat; however, body fat is stored all over your body and your hands and feet are no exception. I recently lost 10 pounds and now my size 7.0 shoes are slipping off while the 6.5 shoes that were once too tight are now just about right. Also, we are all on our feet all day and they shrink and swell throughout the day constantly so what you are experiencing is quite normal--at least not abnormal.

My Decolletes have been feeling looser too! But I thought that they were just stretching out! I've only worn mine two or three times though. All mine vary in tightness/looseness depending on the time of day, but not loose to the point of slipping off. I think someone else had the same issue with VPs.

I have noticed that this season's shoes are running tts, for me at least.

I wore my decolletes last night and it was the first time in a while. I noticed more heel slippage too since last time but I'm pretty sure it due to the fact that they truly are broken in now.

Mine are 39.5 and you're about a 1/2 size smaller than me in CLs usually Stinas, so it may be that your sz 40 are too big now that they're broken in...? :confused1:

^^Probably. When I bought them, the 39.5 was wayyy too tight, but maybe they would have worked out better when broken in? Oh well...heel liners will probably do the trick.

I always feel that my feet seem to get smaller during winter. Maybe because the weather is cooler and I tend to feel cold more quickly. I can hardly wear most of my shoes in winter since slippage is a major issue.

Recently, I've noticed that my feet swell during my period causing me to get blisters or abrasions from normally comfortable shoes!

It's very strange!

I think the weather definitely plays a role in sizing. Also, time of day and weight gain/loss. So pretty much, we are all screwed when it comes to sizing. That's my take on it. lol

If only leather adjusted to account for bloating, weight gain/loss, weather, humidity, mood (how do we know our feet don't swell when we're mad and suddenly our slightly too big CLs fit like a glove then flop off our heels once we're happy...?)...:P

DH suggested that I get 'fat shoes' for the days my feet get bloated. He asked why not since I always pull out my fat pants for my bloated days.

He knew that he said the wrong thing when he saw the look on my face. Poor guy. :roflmfao: Fat shoes, fat pants, when would our buying stop?

I would love to get 3 pairs of Rons Rons in different sizes to account for all my mood swings and feet size!