Feet on a speedy?

coach4me

Princess!!
Jan 26, 2007
I am LV newby. I just recently got my first, a red epi soufflot (love, love, love!). I love playing "Spot the fake" and I must know:

Have any speedys ever come with feet? I don't see any on feet on any Speedys shown on Elux or the vuitton website... I've never seen a vintage speedy or keepall of any size with metal feet.

Does anyone know? I saw a mono with feet being carried the other day at the post office. I was almost completely sure it was fake.... but feel I must consult the experts.

Thanks!

I dont think any speedys have feet on them...I'm not really too sure though.... Maybe you should ask in the authenticate this section..you will prob get more answers!

speedies don't have feet. if you see one with feet, 99% chance it's a fake.

real vernis houston's don't have feet either. the fakes do.

there are some real LV's that do have feet though, mostly the Suhali bags.

what about those French company LV's .... ???? I am almost 100 % sure that at least their keepall's had feet... I know they also made speedys because they still do.... but not in LV monogram... ^^

Thanks everyone, for all of your replies. This one I saw must have been a fake then.... it looked new.... no patina on the vachetta, etc... and it had feet!

This is, of course, my favorite game to play when I people watch. Plenty of fake LV to giggle about where I live.

AH ha! Thanks for posting this. I JUST saw an elongated speedy with feet today and thought maybe it's vintage since I have no knowledge of vintage LVs...now I know the leather actually is funny and not just my imagination!

No feet on a real Speedy but it would be a great idea! I think a lot of LV purses would benefit from having "feet" instead of vachetta bottoms - for instance, Cabas Mezzo/Piano, Alma, Petit Noe/Noe, etc.