Fees When Ordering From Mulberry.com vs Other Sites

Hello Everyone!

I am new to the forum, and this is my first post! I have been deciding on which Alexa to purchase (I was wondering about a Proenza as well), and finally settled with Oak. However, should I order for net-a-porter or mulberry.com? Are there any large differences? I was thinking about ordering from mulberry.com since it is straight from Mulberry, but I'd like to know your opinions.

Also, what do you guys use to protect/keep the purse clean?

Thanks ladies!

Hi Miss YumYum! Welcome!

Where are you located? If you are outside the UK, be advised that mulberry.com does not deduct VAT from the price, so you could end up paying more. From what I've read here, NAP *does* deduct VAT correctly.

You may also want to try OPM, which is a boutique in Minneapolis. I recently bought my black regular Alexa from them, and it was hassle-free. I didn't have to return or exchange my bag, fortunately, but I would think it would be easier to do with a store in the US. Price-wise, I think NAP and My Wardrobe end up being about the same price as buying from OPM if shipping and sales tax are included.

Here's a link to the OPM website:
http://www.shopopm.com/Mulberry_s/58.htm

It looks as though they are only taking pre-orders for the regular oak Alexa, but the OS oak Alexa is in stock!

Miss YY- welcome to the forum- VAT is 17.5 % of the price in the UK - like your sales tax basically -so it is worth you looking at other websitesthan mulberry.com like NAP, Selfridges or my wardrobe.com where you will save this- the latter also operate a loyalty scheme were when you spend £500 you get £20 off your next purchase- quick before your exchange rate gets worse!!

Have a look on the USA NAP site first, as they are based in NY, so would be great if they have it in stock, as would save on any customs and shipping issues.

Big welcome to the forum too, cant wait to see your gorge new bag ;)

I ordered the purse from NAP yesterday... now I just have to clear order verification! I am crossing my fingers that the leather is nice, and the Alexa is worth its price. It looks so fantastic in photos!

Hi everyone :smile:

I'm so in love with Mulberry Alexa oversized in oak!!
Can anyone advise where is the cheapest place to get the bag, that provide international shipping??
I saw NAP website is cheaper than the one stated in Mulberry official site..
I so confused.. Should I get from NAP?
I really have to get the bag!! It is so prettyyyy..

Thanks a lot in advance! :smile:

Hi there !! Avoid buying from Mulberry.com if you are overseas as they do not deduct VAT - a 20% tax as they should do for goods exported. Many other on line UK retailers will deduct this tax for you- NAP, mywardrobe.com, etc- if you have a search here of the shopping threads you will find one where many overseas purchasers have already posted their best and worst experiences - I will see if I can find it for you and bump it up