Fees When Ordering From Mulberry.com vs Other Sites

I purchased an OA Oak from mulberry.com. Aside from the shipping fee (which was quite cheap) they charged over $100 in taxes/duties/fees. I'm wanting to buy a Summer Tweed as well and (if anyone stateside sells it) I'm wondering if places like net-a-porter and lagarconne charge these fees as well. They are not included in the upfront price, but I didn't know if they added them during checkout. If not, it would make a pretty big difference. If anyone has bought a Mulberry from any American sites and has any info about this I'd really appreciate it.
Thanks.

Hi. I don't buy from the Mulberry website. I buy from the NYC store on Madison Avenue. The SA's there are really nice (as for Justin as he is great) and if you don't have a Mulberry store in your State (which many of us don't) they won't charge you tax and only a $20 shipping fee. They ship out via Federal Express. I don't know the phone number off the top of my head, but just do a google search of Mulberry, Madison Avenue Store and it will pop up.

Hope this helps!

All the SA's there are really good - I have just used Justin more but Shayne and Ehab are wonderful too! Phone is 212-453-4722 and press 102 for Madison Avenue - I looked it for you :smile:

Last edited:
Thanks, I'll have to give them a try (almost did for my OS Oak, but it was sold out everywhere). Still wondering if anyone has had any experiences with American websites, though.

The only website I dealt with was shopbop.com for my drew pouch and I am returning that as it is to small. They don't have a big selection to be honest on there but they have some things. Free shipping, no tax and free returns.

I've ordered an oak bayswater from Bloomingdales online, no taxes no shipping(above $200) and no fees! Just a long wait as it had to be ordered from the UK I guess. Don't know if they still sell Mulberry on Bloomingdales.com now, haven't used them for a while

I've ordered an oak bayswater from Bloomingdales online, no taxes no shipping(above $200) and no fees! Just a long wait as it had to be ordered from the UK I guess. Don't know if they still sell Mulberry on Bloomingdales.com now, haven't used them for a while

Bloomingdale's has the Roxanne A4 Tote only on their website. Shopbop.com has the Mitzy Messenger in Black and the Mitzy Hobo in Oak plus I believe and Alexa Clutch.

Bloomingdales.com dosen't sell them any more.It's disappointing as I use to save a small fortune ordering from them.

Hi all,

I will be ordering a Mitzy Messenger I've been saving for before the Nov 1st increase - a good move, do you think Mitzy prices will increase?

Anyway, I begrudge paying Mulberrry.com £10 postage (but not their bag prices?!), so I was hoping you could give me some feedback on your experiences of other online retailers.

My Wardrobe for example, are offering free postage, I assume I won't get the Mulberry box but is anything else missing?

Any other advice is also appreciated, thank you.