Feeling very scared and worried.. Happy Ending !!!

OMG ... I just read this. I'm so sorry you're going through this, I would be worried sick too. Please hang in there and think positive thoughts. Something similar happened with my neighbor's son. His parents went out of town and when they came back, their son didn't come pick them up so they had to call a cab. They asked around and nobody had seen their son for days. They finally found their son at the police station because he was caught from drunk driving and detained for a few days. I'm NOT saying your brother's at the police station, I'm just trying to say that please try to stay positive. I'm sure he's safe and he probably just lost his cellphone or got caught up somewhere. My prayers will be with you and your family, please keep us updated.

itsabgslife, from what you have told, I agree that it is time for at least one family member to go there and look for him, enlist the help of the local law enforcement authorities, I prefer not to comment on anyone who was reluctant to wake someone up, or "do something yet."

While it is true that young people frequently do go out and party and have adventures and forget to phone home, the presence of his glasses, which you tell us that he needs in order to function, is disturbing.

I join the others in prayers for his safety, and reunion with you, and for strength and courage for your parents, and for you. Please post again, if you are able, and have time.

My heart goes out to you and your brother is in my prayers.
I agree with the above post, someone should fly out there ASAP. If everything is ok, and your brother is just out having fun, then they just got a vacation. In the meantime, have you tried contactign the International Student Association etc. there, or hire an investigator?

Please keep us posted, I'm sure all the PF'ers will agree we are all sending you the best of luck and comfort.

Hi I have some info, I hope its useful.
Of what I know of this place, its a residential area, quite busy near alot of houses so it should be ok. People are quick to help if something is wrong. He is about 10 minutes more of less from the City center so he could of got lost etc and is staying with a friend. I wouldnt jump to any conclusions, people are usually very quick to help. If he has been out in the city center and something has happened, people would have rushed to help. If your mother comes down and needs any help etc. please dont hesitate to PM me and I will get back to you. My thoughts are with you :flowers:

Itsabagslife,

So sorry to hear about this. Have a safe trip and think positive thoughts. Will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Just hang in there.....

I would just like to thank:

Sarahcantiik :flowers:
BagFreak :flowers:
Megs :flowers:
Jane Ann (she Pm'd me) :flowers:

For reffering you to me, I do not read all the threads (I should and Im sorry), so I didnt see this one until Jane Ann Pm'd me. As I said before I will help you in any way that I can. I live about 30-40 minutes away from manchester city center so thats the only place I know well but of what I know about this area, its safe. :flowers:

My heart goes out to you - I can't imagine what you are going through. I am sure everything is ok and in a couple of years time you will be laughing about it.

I am sure he has no idea of the stress he is putting you through! Big hugs and let us know what happens:flowers:

This thread just gives me goosebumps--it's a frightening situation and I am so moved by the outpouring of support and action by the PF'ers. Steve and everyone else,all you loving people, this is what has hooked me on this community.