Feeling The Itch For Balenciaga

Coquille

Oct 24, 2011
I've always been strictly a LV girl but lately I've been feeling the itch for a Balenciaga City. I love the variety of colors they offer. Is their leather durable and would you recommend it? I heard a lot about how the leather wears very fast and color fading so that really worry me. Opinions are highly appreciated.

I'm in the same boat as you. I love my LV's and know they will last forever, but I've been itching for a Bal for the past two years. Compared to LV, I think the Bals will definitely show more wear and will probably not be a forever bag, but many ladies on this forum have had theirs for years and are still going strong. I don't think I can fight the urge for much longer though, so I will probably be joining the club shortly... :biggrin:

I took the plunge last year and purchased to Balenciagas'and I am glad that I did. If I were you I would definitely read the thread that saira1214 listed. I have a Olive Work and a Chatagne Work and I have not had any problems with fading. I think that the leather is very durable .

I would definitely do it! I just did myself :smile: Although I bought a pre-loved magenta city I think the worn in look makes the bags even more desirable!! It gives them character and shows that they have been loved! Kinda like a slouchy boho chic :smile:

I just took the plunge and bought a new Black City. It is gorgeous. Like you, I was faithful to LV and I love my LV bags, but I had a terrible craving for leather. Yes, LV will wear forever, but then again, it is plastic and it certainly is a lot of bucks to pay for plastic. I think the two can co-exist in your closet. Each has it's place. I sure do feel awesome carrying my new BBag and I love that it's not an advertisment for a brand - love the lack of logos. Jump in.

I am like you, have been lurking here for almost a year until my husband bought me my first black RH City for Christmas, absolutely love, love, love the purse!! I am so hooked I bought myself a Blue Cobalt City last month. You're going to love Bal....the leather is so soft & smooshy!!

I love my LVs too but I also adore my Balenciagas! The leathers are amazing and over time they get more soft and vintage looking. They have a fab casual cool look to them. I do think my LVs are more durable than my Balenciagas but by no means are my Bal fragile or prone to scratches like my Chanel lambskin bags. I def think you should have at least one Bal bag in your closet!

My LV is definitely more durable than my Bal, but I've never regret getting my beloved Charbon Work. Mine is a dark rich brown and since the leather has that worn in look, any scratches or stains that have happened the past 3 years are barely visible. However, if you get a lighter colored Bal, they are more prone to fading (based on the bags of my friends.)

Do it! LV are very different -- aesthetically and in terms of durability.

balenciaga uses durable leather.. Bbags will show signs of use quickly and easily, but it adds (rather than detracts) from the look bc they are supposed to be slouchy :smile: I don't mind when I knock my bag against corners, carry heavy stuff I stretch out the leather a bit... And I LOVE when the studs get scuffed up, because it polishes the hardware into a pretty gold color!!

IMO LV bags generally look nicer when they are pristine. :smile:

I just also want to say that I have a few LV's---very durable and I love them. I just bought a City with RH and I could NOT BELIEVE HOW LIGHT IT WAS. Seriously...i thought my speedy was light but no...this is amazing! I didn't think i had anything on my arm!