Feeling scared of the world lately.......

I am the same way. I realize I can not live my life in a bubble, but after 9/11 and having children I am a changed person. Anxiety consumes me at times and I really can't stand it.

I am the same way. I realize I can not live my life in a bubble, but after 9/11 and having children I am a changed person. Anxiety consumes me at times and I really can't stand it.

I had to work at the World trade center in Downtown Los Angeles, CA right after the incident....I stood infront of the doors and it took about 15 minutes for me to get myself in.......

I now fear tall buildings and get anxiety getting in the elevator sometimes.....it haunts me.....:sad:

I never knew why we were put here until I had my son.

I think we are here to just love one another...to do good to others and keep our hearts open, no matter how hard it is or how much we get hurt. That is what I love about tPF. It's not just material things that flow through here; there are prayer requests and ladies who just need a shoulder to lean on...I love this place. It is quite fullfilling to me to come here and send prayers for those who need them and to know that if I ever need anything, this will be the first place that I come to.

Thank you to all of you who have opened your heart to me! I look forward to returning the favor someday!

Well said. Even in the midst of this all, I still am open to people. Although sometimes you can't help but feel weary and depressed, there is good in everyone of us.

.... I prefer to look toward the future with hope, not of the destruction of mankind by an omnipotent presence,...

just to clarify, and only because you are incorrect in assuming this is what I meant, God will not destroy this world. Never said that. Mankind can do that all by itself.
And yeah, I don't want to get into religeon or politics either but the OP was a pretty heavy topic and I simply stated why I am not fearing the world lately. She did ask for perspectives. I believe I pretty much kept it at that.

In my view, there is only so much we could do and so much we could worry about.

Although, I can see that the media has a lot to do with our high anxiety -subconsciously the news doesn't feel genuine anymore...there's so many strings attached, but I'm not even going to discuss this.

Anyways, my family went through some very tough times last summer that it was serious enough to just make me look at the world in a different perspective. I feel like we can't always let our fears, hatred or sorrow engulf and consume our lives because it'll just push ourselves into a corner.

Life is tough, but there's a lot more too it.