Feeling like a Traitor

TammyD

Rising Star
O.G.
Feb 26, 2006
Hi ladies,

I'm a H-gal. I had a few non-H bags, but have sold all of them because I just don't use them anymore. My H-bags were sufficient for every occasion and I thought I found the perfect diaper bag in a 35cm Birkin and JPG Shoulder Birkin. But they're not as practical as I thought eg. to baby-gym where I have to leave my bag on the floor, shows whilst holding onto greasy food etc.

I need a roomy, open-top tote shaped like the LV Neverfull, which I can wear over my shoulder. Needs to be lightweight and easy to clean.

If Hermes had a bag like that I would buy it in a heartbeat! But of course the other slingbags are not roomy enough for me. I considered the So Kelly (too long, not wide enough), the lindy (not roomy enough), the evelyne (same).

So...I'm thinking of something else. Something not mass-market. Something handmade, exclusive, not-widely-available. Like a Goyard St Louis.

But I feel like such a traitor. Will I really love it? Do any of you H-lovers here also love anything from Goyard? It's the closest brand to Hermes I can think of, in terms of workmanship.

Thanks for any views!

I don't believe in blind faith brand loyalty. I love Hermes products for their quality but it doesnt satisfy all my needs. I have a trusty prada nylon/porc leather trim tote which is my wet weather throwaround tote, a chanel 2.55 when i need a formal bag with sling (i prefer that to slinging a kelly which i prefer to handhold). My luggage is LV. I don't have kids so I wouldnt be the best person to recommend a diaper bag... but I do like the look of the neverfull - esp the version in damier. The only issue with the neverful is that there is no zip enclosure so your stuff may fall out? I think LV did a diaper bag in mono-lin canvas?

Goyard recently had problems with their products, but according to them, it has been fixed. Click here.

Having said that, I'd still want a red Goyard Ambassade.

2343542692_efaaa6a16a.jpg

Goyard recently had problems with their products, but according to them, it has been fixed. Click here.

Having said that, I'd still want a red Goyard Ambassade.

2343542692_efaaa6a16a.jpg

Nice!!! :tup: But the SA did tell me that the reds are defective so they stopped it. Not sure why. The closest one I saw was bordeaux/burgundy.

Don't feel bad - you're not a traitor at all! Different bags serve different purposes. I use my H bags 75% of the time. But there are times when my H bags will not serve my needs for a particular location/activity.

For example, when I'm on the beach, the last thing I want to do is sit my birkin in the sun and possibly get sea water, sunscreen, and sand all over it -so I'll opt for a cheaper beach bag. If I'm hiking through the rainforest, I'm definitely leaving H at home and bringing my patagonia gear instead!

Thanks everyone!

Allan - I just that link. WOW. Very worrying. The St Louis isn't expensive, just 510 euros. But for that price it's still good to have something with less problems, or else I should just get the LV Neverfull (which I won't). Do you know how they solved the problem? The SA says I can put up to 8-9kg in the PM. That's a lot of things!

Oh... Don't be...I am still using my violet Balenciaga Weekender to travel. REALLY love the size and feather weight. I will not exchange it with a 50 or 45(?) Birkin... if I cannot sell the huge Birkin:graucho: to acquire something else MORE from H.

IMO Goyard's quality just isn't that terrific. You get the simplest of bags for nearly twice as much as the LV Neverfull, and you don't get as many details either. I see celebs carrying Goyard, and they look slouchy, and I'll say it out loud, kind of cheap.

Thankfully the Neverfull comes in something other than the Monogram pattern, and it's very neutral overall.

Good luck in the hunt!

Thanks everyone!

Allan - I just that link. WOW. Very worrying. The St Louis isn't expensive, just 510 euros. But for that price it's still good to have something with less problems, or else I should just get the LV Neverfull (which I won't). Do you know how they solved the problem? The SA says I can put up to 8-9kg in the PM. That's a lot of things!

I heard somewhere that they got new materials for those parts that immediately wore out due to humidity.

You're not a traitor, not at all..! :heart: I use sometimes my huge Chanel shopping totes and I feel less "over-protective" than while carrying H bags! Massai is a great everyday bag too.

I'd love to try a Valextra or Goyard one day. They're great looking bags. :yes: