Feeling judged.. sorry, long rant.

if any post in this forum spoke more to me, it would be this one MJ! i feel exactly the same way as you because i wear Crocs, sneakers, track suits, tees from target and yoga pants DAILY with my LV bags and sometimes i don't even wear makeup AND have dirty hair to boot. i don't really care what other people think of this girl sporting an LV bag with her casually thrown together ensemble but i do care if people try to impose their sense of what an LV-er looks like on me because i set them straight. being in los angeles, i feel it a lot esp from some of the people who look at you and if you're not a size 0, then you're not even worthy of being waited on in a store or they talk down to you. in fact i make it a habit of not dressing up when i go shopping just to see which store really still believes in customer service. i don't need to get dolled up and all gussied up to go to Rodeo Drive. no way!

there's no look, there's no particular ethnicity or style that says you're worthy of carrying an LV bag. i've had people say to me "you don't seem like an LV girl" to which i just kind of brush them off, because you know what? they are ignorant. i see people all the time look at me and then look at my bag and are probably wondering "Wth is she doing w/ that bag?" but i know they are just haters because they feel they need to conform to what this world requires of them and we don't.

so you go right on ahead and keep on being who you are sistah! rock that island style (as i do too) and show those who are less aware what being a smart, confident woman who just happens to have an LV bag looks like. we come in all shapes, colors, sizes and forms.

and you look fantastic imho! you have the hardest job in the world and that's being a mom to two young kids! :yahoo:

I couldn't agree more!:yes:

Gotta love yall:love:

There are always different ways to look at this:

1)For some: designer clothes > designer bags

2)OR designer bags > designer clothes

3)and still another: designer bags = designer clothes

Sometimes we can be in between any of these depending on our moods. Even celebrities have their bad hair days. :nuts::graucho::crybaby::sad:

I'm a working mom with 3 kids and definitely not a size 4. The clothes that I wear depend on what I need to be or feel like for the day whether it be chic, sporty, business-like, casual or whatever.... For me, what matters is that it is neat, appropriate, comfortable and the bag I carry :cool: I don't carry my bags to show off but because I love that I'm carrying it. Of course the compliments that I receive because of it are a bonus. Wouldnt anyone feel that way, too? :yes:

We may not like how others look or what they wear but who cares, right??? What matters is what attitude you carry with it. I may not like what somebody else looks or what her opinions are but I can always be her friend. We all come from different cultures all over the world but respect is universal. It shouldn't matter what we think about what somebody else wears (and there certainly are people who feel this way). The difference is whether we say it out loud.

Don't feel too bad. There will always be somebody somewhere who wouldnt like what you wear or how you look/talk/walk/dance etc...etc... LOL.

Let us all not forget WHY we are the TPF........... :dothewave:

"It doesnt matter WHAT CLOTHES you wear or WHAT BAG you carry, it's HOW you carry it."

Please don't feel that you need to look, dress or act a certain way when you carry your LVs. In the end, it is only YOUR opinion about yourself that counts, no one else's. To tell you the truth, whenever I see someone carrying an LV, I am totally eyeballing the bag and have no interest in how the person looks or what they are wearing.
But I totally understand what you mean about assumptions based on how people appear. My mother is the most basic dresser in the world - practical clothes and NO designer items at all. Hair is simple and no makeup - that is how she likes to live and as a result, she saves tons of money. When she walks into a car dealership to buy a new car or a luxury jeweler to buy a new bauble or a Rolex for my dad, the salespeople rarely approach her. The ones that do get the sale... in cash! Now the SAs know her and she always gets great treatment. All that without any fancy clothes, bags, hair or makeup.

I am very secure in my own skin and really could give a rat's arse about what anyone else thinks about me. My DH thinks it's hilarious that I can wear a $20 pair of jeans with a 1.5K bag! And I totally understand about the baby weight - darn tough to take it off and it's been almost five years for me! :P

Cheer up! We :heart: you and your LVs, no matter how you rock them! :jammin:

LOL After 10 years, I still carry the baby fat from my first born. Yes, I proudly declare I am not as good looking as the ladies here :yes: But my LV baby make me feel like a feather :rolleyes:

kuuipo627, HUGS from me!! You are a brave soul, and it should not matter what you wear while carrying your LVs. Congrats on 2 GORGEOUS children and the posh LV collection that you have so far! I think those who judge the most harshly usually have bad shortcomings of their own--inadequacy that they try to cover up by making others feel small. Hold your head up high, rock those LVs!!

I totally know where you are coming from. I am a mother of a 9 year old boy, a 7 year old boy and a 4 year old girl. My everyday wardrobe is jeans and a t-shirt. I love my LV's because no matter what I am wearing - or where I am going (which is usually the grocery store or the laundromat) I am happy to sport my kick ass bag! Just my two cents here - I think the ones that are most judgemental are the younger ones (no offense guys - most of you are awesome). I think as you get older and expericence life you start to realize what is truly important in life - family and friends and being a decent person....NOT what you are wearing or where you come from.

Unfortunatly our society judges people on how they look and what they wear. Many studies have been done on this and it is true, in regard to how you are treated. I have had a weight problem, up and down my whole life. Yes I have lived in jogging suits, sweats etc. Especially when my children were little. In the real world it would be nice to be judged on whats on the inside, but that is a fanstasy. IMHO wear what you love and makes YOU happy.:smile: Thats what I do all the time :yes:

Anybody who disses my size 12 self in sweatpants shall be whacked on the b*** with my speedy.

(Some woman once whacked me accidentally with her speedy 30. It really hurt!)

BagLadie! I love your posts all the time! You are 100% real! I am a mom of a 21 year old...eeeshh...he will be 22 in a few weeks! Your words are very true. I agree with the OP, we have to stop judging everyone for their outward appearance (with the exception of those that carry fake LV--they need our judgement!). I dress very hip and stylish--don't spend too much--but love clothes, makeup, hairstuff, LV--and when your children are grown it is nice to be able to spend more on these things. However, I do only carry LV and yes, that means I carry it when I am running errands to the garden center, to the grocery store or postoffice in my comfy grey sweats and flipflops! And, I have to say--LV goes with it all! I haven't heard any snickers!

I dont judge anyone for dressing a certain way and carrying an LV bag. I do know what you mean though. There is alot of threads with people reffering to things like this and its a shame! Don't worry too much about it, its your bag and you can do as you please!

Every single one of my LV bags I bought because I felt they could be dressed up or down (speedy 30, Petit Noé, popincourt, Pochette). THAT'S the exact reason I decided to invest my money in LV bags. I can rock my speedy with almost anything in my wardrobe.

I mostly wear casual clothes (jeans most of the time). I do make the effort to look nice when I leave the house (make-up, hair, jewelry, perfume) even when I'm just wearing jeans, t-shirt and flip-flops. I normally dress casual but far from sloppy.

kuuipo627 I've seen picture's of you wearing your bags and you look completely fine. You look like you dress casual and comfortable for the environment your in. You ROCK your bags and I personally don't think you should give a flying hoot what others say or feel about you and your bags.

I've seen celebrities carrying LV's and other designer bags looking like they just woke up and rolled out of bed with a hangover. They might not have looked their best, but they were still rocking their bag and I and no one else has the right to tell them they shouldn't be carrying said bag because of what they are wearing. Or is it ok if they do it because they are a celebrity....?

So, to end this on a high note.....

I've been here on TpF (mostly browsing at first) since this past fall and I have seen some horrible, nasty post. There are some snobby, snotty, rude people who post here, yes it's true and I think sometime they don't even realize they are being that way.... I like to think that all poster here are nice and civilized but that's just not the case. When I saw a post where someone compared a D&B to a paper bag I was shocked. I forget some times that there are stuck-up people people on TPF who look down on others for what they might like because the price isn't outrageously high. Thankfully the nice, civilized people outweigh the rude stuck up snobs.

My normal everyday wear is jeans and t-shirt and I am not a size 2. In fact, I am a size 10 and I have worked very hard to get there. I still have 20lbs to lose and it has been a struggle, so I feel ya!

I read on another forum (a scrapbooking board) about what people think of people when they see them carrying a designer bag. It was very interesting to say the least. Most said that if they see someone carrying a bag with "initials" on it that meant they fall into the category of wanting to be noticed and following the crowd. One lady even said that she thinks less of people carrying designer bags than she does of someone carrying, say a bag from Target. Another stated that when someone gets out of a BMW with a designer bag, nails done, dressed to the nines that she obviously takes better care of herself than the normal "designer bag carrier". Well, yesterday, I went grocery shopping with my LV, chipped nail polish, jeans with a hole in the knee, flipflops and a t-shirt. I wonder what people thought of me, I was also carrying my LV petit bucket and I drive a Jaguar.......

I would like to say that I could care less what people think about me, but it does bother me to an extent.

Hoo boy, I WISH I was still a size 2-4. I put on weight after an ankle injury and I just cannot take it off. I am so much bigger than I used to be.

I do work during the week, so I try to look presentable, but on the weekends when I'm out I'm also in Juicy Couture sweats and t-shirts, with the occasional hoodie. I don't hesitate to use ANY of my designer bags!

But I tend to spend my money on bags and shoes, because I'm hopeful that I will eventually lose weight (although it hasn't budged so I am losing faith).

So you just rock what you have, do whatever makes you feel good, and wear what you like! I'll walk with you!

Kuuipo, after reading this entire thread, the first thought that came to my head was "I'm so glad I found tPF and decided to participate". What a stellar group of people.

I have to say it was a bit intimidating to join tPF and start participating in the threads. I lurked for a while before doing so in fear of not being accepted. I still feel intimidated and feel as if I don't have much to bring to the table (still figuring out how to post pics!), but I know that by not trying and participating will get me nowhere.

I think everyone judges others by their appearance, but how you choose to carry out that judgement and accept people for their difference is a sign of true class and breeding.

I wanted to point out that a passion for LV is like being a collector....it's just that you get to wear your collection for everyone to see --- no one is judging the person that spends just as much on their love for stamps, art, books, dolls...whatever....right???

You have passion for your LV's and you get to enjoy wearing them...IMO that's much better than admiring a collection behind glass doors or hidden in a vault...so wear them in good health and happiness, regardless of your outfit - you're "sharing" your collection with everyone! True handbag lovers are not even noticing what you have on - they're too busy drooling over your bag!

Thanks for this post and letting me say my piece. :smile:

TPF rocks, peace out!