Feeling guilty..need some advice!

It is because we have different passion compare to men. Men also spend a lot of money buying their own stuffs, and women does the same thing! So I tell my fiance, if one day I found out that my handbag is broken because of him, I will broke his drum accessories too. In that way, we respect each others things. :smile: If he wants to buy stuffs for his drums, then I don't mind, because he doesn't butt in when it comes to my shopping too. :smile:

Ask yourself this question. If he was in the process of buying something expensive and you expressed disdain, would he take your comments to heart or do as he pleased? It's your money and he is only a BF, not a husband. When you're my age you'll learn to say "Go pound sand" without guilt or apology, lol!

I dun feel guilty..if i'm rewarding myself...hey..that's rite rewarding myself for the other things I work hard for.

But I always remember to "stash" some part of my income..into my savings first...b4 buying...so to me..the extra spare cash..is all up to me..how I want to spend it...to be honest I've spent US$8k on chanel bags already (excluding other brands) ..this year alone....

i know what u mean about buying bags out of "full-time-student budget"... that's why i try not to buy "trendy" pieces, and stick to the classic ones. If you love the GST and u absolutely can't stop thinking about it, then why not go for it? After all there IS going to be a price increase very soon, and its better to get one now, rather than later, and pay even more for it. Doesn't matter if your bf disapproves, at the end of the day its your money, and if you feel that you can afford it, then by all means go for it! =)

you know, i'm going through the same debate right now too. I've oogled the GST for the longest time, but i just feel guilty spending so much money on it. most guys would disapprove of spending 2K on a bag (my bf included), so i wouldnt worry about him so much. its your money, and i'm sure he spends money on other stuff you would never dream of buying. i think you should think about whether or not you can comfortably afford it, if so, go ahead and enjoy your hard work and buy it!

as long as you don't put ur self in debt, it's ok to get a pricey bag. Besides it's something that will go up in value w/Chanel's crazy price increase too. When my BF nags about how i am 'wasting' $ on Chanel or LV, i told him at least it doesn't depreciate like your X-box, and w/proper care, my handbag collection can even past down to my grand daughter...now how cool is that:boxing:

ps. i heard another price incrase for GST is due April 1(no it's not a joke), so if GST is something you really really NEED, try to get it B4 the increase :devil:

thanks for everyones great advice :heart: now I know I'm definitely getting the GST! :nuts: it's funny bc now my bf is so supportive of it...he says that when I purchase the bag and "fork over the $$$" I better have a $2000 smile on my face and he will gladly snap a picture right in front of the SA :rolleyes: :roflmfao:

My argument w/hubby is "Well, it's like rims on your car...the good ones are what, $300+ each when you can get generic ones?" Same concept...stereos, TVs, etc.

AND, my hubby always looks at a bag that I may want to buy, he says "are you REALLY gonna use it, even though it's not an LV or Chanel?" And, he's right, so I just wait til I can afford a bag coz I know I'll use it.