Feeling a little sad

new2mulbs

I❤Mulberry
Sep 15, 2012
I start my new job tomorrow and am just not sure I'm ready to leave my baby yet :sad:
DH will b with her as he's still looking for a new role but I still can't bear the thought of all those hours without her. I know Im sad!

Also for those of you that don't know- this is actually a 2nd job that I got offered in between taking the 1st one and starting it, a company I had interviewed with before offered me a Role I couldn't refuse...(and pp bays came along to that meeting too therefore she is now my lucky charm!)

It's really tough. I had taken a 4 year career break and was devastated going back...but in no time at all we got into a new routine. Things just work out. Better to go back now and see how you get on rather than not to and then in the future look back and regret the lost opportunity.
Good luck!

sugna said:
It's really tough. I had taken a 4 year career break and was devastated going back...but in no time at all we got into a new routine. Things just work out. Better to go back now and see how you get on rather than not to and then in the future look back and regret the lost opportunity.
Good luck!

Thank you- I'm sure I'll be just fine once I get into it- I just don't know how I'm going to feel after a few days when the novelty of eating/drinking without interruption wears off!

Designpurchaser said:
You'll be fine N2M, it will take some adjusting but think of all the money you will be earning for ..............new bags!!! :yahoo:

Good Luck for your first day :biggrin:

Ive got to say DP that's one of the BIG pluses but im committed to that sofa so maybe not!

Aah, Mulbs! Big hugs to you, sweetie :hugs: I haven't experienced this myself but my sister had her first child last year and it's the first time I'm an auntie. My sister will be going back to work part-time in a couple of months but next month, my nephew will be going to a nursery and we're all so nervous to leave him with strangers! I'm sure it'll all be fine but we just can't help being nervous.

Mulbs, one step at a time, one day at a time :smile:

I'm sure you'll be calling your DH so many times during the day that you'll be driving him mad!

All the best for tomorrow and congratulations on not just the one job offer, but two! It's so tough out there at the moment, so you did amazingly! With PP bays by your side and you looking forward to big hugs with your daughter at the end of the day, you'll do great!

Good luck on your first day!! xxx

It broke my heart going back to work after both my babies, so what you're feeling is completely normal!
You have to do what is right for you...and remember that good luck charm tomorrow for your first day!!! Good luck and let us know how it goes!

What is it you do N2M?

You'll be fine, I don't have children myself (even if I do think of my bags that way) but at least you know your baby will be looked after whilst you're at work. And as DP pointed out, think of all the bags :tup:

Ahhhh thank you everyone - I knew I could count on my TPF family to cheer me up.

Cupcake I know you're right and I'm sure it'll all be ok, I just haven't spent a lot of time away from my dd since she's been born. We have had 1 night at a time away from her 3 times in 10 months so we are used to having her with us. She's also sooo expressive now and just at an amazing stage developmentally so I'm worried I'm going to miss out on things that she will learn in the day! I really feel for your sister hon- its not easy as much as they drive you mad sometimes, all it takes is
A little cheeky smile and I melt!

Kingla & Sam, thanks for your support- im in recruitment and thankfully have been offered a job where they are very flexible with how I work so I can work from home 1 day/wk which I'm sure will help me feel better. I'll be doing 5days/wk initially, then when DH gets a job I'll be going down to 4days/wk

I've packed up mini leopard Lexie for 1st day as shes smart but funky and sparkly... Should set the tone for the day! Also when I went in for my meeting there I noticed one of the girls had a beautiful oxblood Daria hobo and that clinched it for me when I was offered the job! Hahahahahahahahaa

Last edited:
Try and enjoy your first day N2M - sounds like you've definitely got a good bag for the occasion! I work in HR and really enjoy recruitment so have to admit I'm a little jealous of you :P

First week or so will be hard but you will get used to it. First time round for me I was going back to my old job, but second time it was a new job and very scary.
I actually try not to phone home much when I'm at work as it just reminds me I'd rather be at home!
Having said that sometimes it is nice to be me again rather than just mummy!
Good luck xx

Hahahahahaha Sam I'll try and find you a job in Rec if you want!

Lolz, I know what you mean/ I try not to call all the time when I leave at my mums etc but sometimes I just want to know she's ok!! But I AM looking forward to a bit of quiet time if
That makes sense- dd is going through the "look
At me- I know how to SCREEEEEAAAAAAM" phase-Which is charming for about 5 seconds... Then people start staring........,,

You'll be surprised how quickly the first week passes, especially as there's lots to learn.
Now get some rest so you're fresh in the morning....
Ps. Mini leo lexy good choice for tomorrow x

lolz said:
You'll be surprised how quickly the first week passes, especially as there's lots to learn.
Now get some rest so you're fresh in the morning....
Ps. Mini leo lexy good choice for tomorrow x

Thanks Lolz- I'm packed and ready to go although haven't sorted out my outfit. Are baggy leggings and a top covered in mush not acceptable these days??!