Feelin Down =(

Hey gals and guys,

i'm having one of those downer days.

I just met up with an ex-boss that I"ve since become friends with. he's only a few years older and doing very well. Had i stayed on, i'd be doing pretty well just a little more junior under this ex-boss.

I mentioned i was looking for a job and he said it's hard to find one since summer is round the corner and he was like, why didn't you look harder in the beginning of the year? that's when people hire. I didn't answer him but i didn't because then more so than now, i was really coping with all the fallout in my life. and in a way, i'm still trying to get through each day. and sometimes doing a simple thing like sending a recruiter an email is so energy consuming and tough to do.

He then mentioned that his group is actively hiring but he didn't even mention that I could think about coming back.

And in a way, I'm not surprised. I left my job then due to personal/health issues. there was alot of politics and i got on the bad books of alot of people high up in the company. I left the company and thought i could find my own path. but things just went downhill after i left.

it's a super prestigious fortune 100 company. As an analogy, i feel like i got a ticket into the palace but left and am being locked out now and have to live in the slums looking at the palace and thinking that i was there and could have been there if not for my misstep.

i shouldn't have left. I just feel like I majorly screwed up with this and so many other things and a huge sense of loss for what could have been a successful career had i chosen not to let personal issues affect my job decision.

As some of you know, i've been dealing with all sorts of problems, job, family, health, break-ups. You name it. and I'm just feeling like such a screw up right now. Just needed to let it out. thanks for reading. i know it's long. =P

ps: btw i know in my head that my situation is not as bad as things could be. I'm going to sell off my bags and shoes soon but I still have food and shelter. just that i feel so down about it. =(

Don't let this get you down. We all love you Bubble... and I've learned as I've gotten older that prestige is not all it's cracked up to be.

I'm working on starting my own PI biz.... you could always work for me! :P

I'm so sorry you're going through this, bubbleliciousis. Don't let this get the best of you and don't lose hope. There are things in store for you. It may have not come yet but in time, it will. Keep your head up, okay? HUGS***

ahh Bubbles, so what if its a pretigious company, you have bad memories of it, and its not right to go back for 99% of people. Also, part of looking forward and becoming the person you want to be is made much much harder if people at this company have certain memories of you, and you say yourself, you are different now to how you were then, so you dont want them to remember how you were then. You are better than that.

Stay strong, dont worry about this, how do you know for sure, your ex boss is really so delighted with his lot, alot of people exagerate to impress people you know ;)

good things are around the corner for you honey.

Hey Miss Bubble, don't despair. Corporate life is made up of mostly sharks. Earlier this month I was doing a freelance gig at a major bank and one morning my boss called my recruiter and basically said she wasn't happy with me and wanted me to leave that day. She never said to my face she was unhappy with my work and lied to my recruiter about other conversations we had about keeping me on board longer. I confronted her and asked to meet with her later that day, and she said fine. But at about 4pm I went to her desk and she had basically snuck out of the office to avoid talking to me! I swear she must be bipolar ...

Well, I moved quickly and reconnected with an employer who I had talked to numerous times before but never had the budget to hire me. He now has the budget and I start my new permanent position tomorrow!

Hang in there, stay strong, and things WILL get better for you. We're all here for you!

It's always easier to think that it might have been better if you hadn't made a decision, and how much better life could have been if you hadn't changed your path, but you did the best you could with the information you had, and it sounds to me like the perks were great at that job, but the environment wasn't. How do you really know that life in the palace is so great? I'm sure working there couldn't have helped much when you were dealing with your problems earlier in the year, so don't sweat it. Leaving might just be the best decision you ever made- hang in there and keep us updated! I'm rooting for you.

What a shame, Bubble. I hate it when I get into a "down" spell; nothing seems right, and like you said, the smallest thing can feel overwhelming. You really have had so much hanging over you.

I don't really have advice, just love and support. It doesn't do any good to dwell on the "might have beens"--look forward (I know, easier said than done) and things will turn around for you.

Wishing you the BEST!:flowers:

I'm so sorry. I've had a rather crappy work related year myself...so much that I am really starting to dread going to work everyday. I just know something good will happen and you will get past it. We're here for you!!!

Hi bubbles, I know things have been so bad for you right now. Just keep your head up and keep being positive. You will find a new job that values your experience and your knowledge. Things will happen for you. I just know you. You are a great person. Please let me know if you need to chat. I am here for you as well as all your friends here on the PF!

chin up bubble! I totally know how you feel. I left my old job 6 months ago and I think there was just so much going on in life that something needed to give. I felt a lot of my frustration was due to my job but it really wasn't. I was just dealing with a lot of issues about what the heck I wanted to do with my life. It took me leaving the job and starting a new one to realize I want my old one back. I even emailed my boss and she said she doesn't have any positions open right now but that if something comes available she'll keep me in mind.

Sometimes things get in the way and life just sucks. I'm sure things will work themselves out. Just give it some time and don't lose hope. We're here for you. Vent when you need to cuz I'm sure at least one person will be able to relate. Even just ranting and raving can help ease the soul. :hysteric:

Bubble, this explains your insomnia! I don't have any illustrious words of wisdom, other than I believe "Everything happens for a reason". That gives me hope and keeps me sane during my down times -- then eventually things start looking up...they have to! Being down really sucks, but boy do they make you appreciate the highs! Sending out *hugs* and :flowers:.