Feel odd carrying D&B

I carry Coach, D&B, Kooba, LV, etc. I buy what I love then I carry them and get lots of compliments. Now I'm seeing more designer bags on other ladies in my area. So I say be the trendsetter and I bet you'll start to see more of those "logo-bags" on the other ladies in your community.

Carry what you love and makes you happy. At the end of the day most people don't even notice what bags we carry. Only big time bag lovers notice every bag we see.

Carry what you love and makes you happy. At the end of the day most people don't even notice what bags we carry. Only big time bag lovers notice every bag we see.

I agree with this :yes: Two years ago (before I discovered my love for bags), I couldn't have distinguished a D&B bag from a hole in the ground. Now, I notice every bag & designer that I pass on the street. If the people in your area aren't designer handbag people, they're likely not going to know anything about the brand or its price unless you tell them. Have fun with it!

Why do you care what others think about your bag? Carry what YOU like. Dont compromise yourself because youre afraid what others may think. They didnt stop driving taht pricey SUV because of what YOU might think? Carry your bag and hold your head up high.

i feel lame saying this, but here it goes: this is all in your head, darling. chances are, these other people don't care what you're carrying.

i'm one of those people who prefers non-logo'd bags, but i love to see others with D&G, LV, and other crazy, outrageously logo'd bags walking around. to each, their own!

seriously, though, you should do what makes you happy. don't compromise yourself for others. if you liked mini coopers and everyone else drove pickup trucks, would you second-guess your car choice? it's your money, and your life. just make yourself happy.

My black D&B has been my staple bag since I bought it. I carry it with me everywhere.

My problem is this: I live in an area where people are quite well off. However, the majority of them are not showoffs. They have the expensive SUV and lots of land, but that's about it. The jackets are L.L Bean, the shoes are Dansko and the bags are Jansport or Timberland...or no-name black leather.

Carrying a D&B in this crowd seems to be awfully inappropriate. If I ever turned up with a mono LV I'd probably be snubbed.

Should I also look for a no-name black shoulder bag?

Different experiences in different situations..I felt odd on this forum because I used to feel that D&B was 'looked down upon' and now I feel unhappy carry a D&B because no-one I know does, and carrying a signature bag seems 'show-offy'.

I totally know what you mean. When I go to visit my mom's family, I won't carry anything more expensive than a Coach because I know how it would be perceived. They are lovely people, but do not have, or care about having, much money. It's very situational and I think you should do what makes you comfortable.

Ash

I wouldn't care about carrying it in front of strangers. Someone else like my boss, or future mother-in-law...is very different. My LV will be out of her sight.