Feel like I'm outgrowing my Speedy B 30. Should I get a Speedy 35?

LVoeNature

May 4, 2014
My Speedy B 30 fits all of my stuff, but it's hard to get things out easily without having to move things around. In it I carry my cell phone, keys, Zippy wallet, Mini Pochette, Cosmetic Case PM, Eyeglass case, and Sunglass case. All of those are things that I do need. I kind of want to get a Speedy B 35 or even just a regular Speedy 35 so that my bag wont feel so stuffed and will be more spacious. Will a Speedy B 35 be too overwhelming for someone who is 4' 11" and around 100 lbs?

You're like my moms size exactly and the Speedy 30 swallows her! I think the 30 is roomy enough for what you are carrying. May I suggest some organization - look into a purse organizer and base shaper. Sounds like that may help you. This way your spending like 50 bucks instead of a 1000 or more. Bigger you get - the more stuff you carry - the heavier it gets!

Be Blessed MoNikki

My Speedy B 30 fits all of my stuff, but it's hard to get things out easily without having to move things around. In it I carry my cell phone, keys, Zippy wallet, Mini Pochette, Cosmetic Case PM, Eyeglass case, and Sunglass case. All of those are things that I do need. I kind of want to get a Speedy B 35 or even just a regular Speedy 35 so that my bag wont feel so stuffed and will be more spacious. Will a Speedy B 35 be too overwhelming for someone who is 4' 11" and around 100 lbs?

I am the same size as you and carry similar items - I would say, if you can make it work, stick with the 30. It is big and roomy without being too big - the 35 looks like I am packing for an overnight ;) while I love big bags, it's more the shape of the 35 that makes it resemble a duffle on me.

I have a small frame as well I am 5'1 and have a 30 and the size is just right the 35 would have looked like a gym bag on me ! As suggested above get a purse organizer it does wonders I tell you turns that black hole into a not black hole lol hope that helps

Unfortunately I've taken the opinion of others a lot on that the bag will look too big, and in the end I've regretted it because my bags are always full. 5 years ago I bought a 35 and the exchanged it for a 30, and after like a year it felt too cluttered like I had to dump it out to find my stuff.. I had a Palermo GM, and returned it for an MM, and of course a year later I wish I had kept the GM. Now if you were carrying a 40, that might look too big, but a 35 isn't bad, I'm only 5'2 and they look and feel fine. You may want to get the 35B because it'll be heavier when you fill it up, and it's nice to have the strap to take some weight off.

I actually broke down and bought a 35B last week, but just exchanged it and got the new Montaigne GM. The nice thing about the Montaigne is that it has a zippered divider in the middle so you have two sides and a full length zippered compartment in the middle. Also it has a bottom so while the speedy fully packed sags in the middle, this one doesn't.

But overall I'd say larger is always better than too small, because spending a few hundred more for a bit more room is a lot better than having to spend thousands more later on. I know I've regretted it.

It seems like the eyeglasses cases are what is making the bag so full. Maybe you can have one pair in the case while using the other one. Or get smaller cases if possible. I'm all for trying to make the things you already have work . . . But at the end of the day, if you try on the 35 and love the extra space, that makes sense too.

Thanks for all the replies! A question for those who suggested a purse organizer...
Should that be used instead of all the LV pouches? Do the organizers add a lot of weight?

I think you should go into the store and try it on with your things inside and see how you feel. Don't forget the base shaper will make it more structured and it sounds like you like it a bit on the slouchy/roomy side. Plus you definitely don't want to stop using all your lovely slgs!

Thanks for all the replies! A question for those who suggested a purse organizer...
Should that be used instead of all the LV pouches? Do the organizers add a lot of weight?

I use a purse organizer by purse bling called a purse to go and I still use the makeup pouches to hold the extra stuff it is very organized this way .

Too big for you. Get a bag organizer

No the purse organizer will not add any weight nor will the base shaper. The Base shaper will give you more room as it will structure the bag at the bottom. I purchased a leather base shaper from Purse Bling. The purse organizer will allow you to organize your things inside your bag - which I purchased from the container store (you can also get from purse bling). I will show you a picture of what I currently have in my Neverfull MM - keep in mind the Speedy 30 is bigger than the NF to me. I carry my josephine wallet, cosmetic pouch, coin purse, ipod, phone, keys, pen, tic tacs, clefs, my ipad and/or kindle (both in the case). And I still have room in my Speedy and NF for glasses case and an umbrealla I carry when rainy.

Thanks so much for the organizer pictures. I really appreciate that you took the time to show those pictures. Although I must say that I do still feel the urge to get the Speedy B 35 even though most folks think it would be too big for my stature. Currently I am using the Speedy DE 30 and all my things in it feel too tight. I probably wouldn't really use an organizer though because I love using the Pochette Accessories, Cosmetic Bag, and Zippy Wallet with my canvas purses.

Thanks so much for the organizer pictures. I really appreciate that you took the time to show those pictures. Although I must say that I do still feel the urge to get the Speedy B 35 even though most folks think it would be too big for my stature. Currently I am using the Speedy DE 30 and all my things in it feel too tight. I probably wouldn't really use an organizer though because I love using the Pochette Accessories, Cosmetic Bag, and Zippy Wallet with my canvas purses.

You can actually fit all those things in an organizer they come in various sizes and styles. You are welcome though.

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum