Feedback Question

Nov 16, 2007
OR
Hello again :smile:

I have been recently selling off accessories on eBay. Some of my items, I start at $0.99 and let the auction run its course.

Very recently, an item I had up for sale, expecting around $60-70 ending price, went up to $154.50! I was pleased, of course - but expected the next thing to happen.

I got a message from the winning bidder saying "I'm so sorry, I meant to bid $55.50, NOT $555.00, please offer it to the next bidder" - the message made sense, I verified that by timestamps of her bid even though I couldn't see what she actually bid, that she didn't have adequate time to correct it, so I allowed the cancellation and offered a second chance offer. I had opted to not leave any feedback for the buyer.

The 2nd highest bidder (at $152.xx) never responded, so I relisted again starting at $0.99 and this time the bidding only got to $49.00. No big deal, that's the risk you take with this kind of auction.

Anyway, the new winning bidder has already received the wallet and left positive feedback. I logged on this morning and found another positive feedback from the cancelled auction saying "Item As Described".

Could this potentially be confusing to previous buyers/bidders of my items? Should I post a reply to the feedback so people know? Do I just let it go?

What would you do?

TheNordstrom Anniversary Saleis NOW open to Ambassador cardmembers.Click or tap to shop the Nordstrom sale!
P.S. Don't forget to join the activeNAS 2020 threadand share your hauls with the community!

IrisCole

O.G.
Dec 28, 2007
Michigan
www.nikitajade.etsy.com

I have been recently selling off accessories on eBay. Some of my items, I start at $0.99 and let the auction run its course.

Very recently, an item I had up for sale, expecting around $60-70 ending price, went up to $154.50! I was pleased, of course - but expected the next thing to happen.

I got a message from the winning bidder saying "I'm so sorry, I meant to bid $55.50, NOT $555.00, please offer it to the next bidder" - the message made sense, I verified that by timestamps of her bid even though I couldn't see what she actually bid, that she didn't have adequate time to correct it, so I allowed the cancellation and offered a second chance offer. I had opted to not leave any feedback for the buyer.

The 2nd highest bidder (at $152.xx) never responded, so I relisted again starting at $0.99 and this time the bidding only got to $49.00. No big deal, that's the risk you take with this kind of auction.

Anyway, the new winning bidder has already received the wallet and left positive feedback. I logged on this morning and found another positive feedback from the cancelled auction saying "Item As Described".

Could this potentially be confusing to previous buyers/bidders of my items? Should I post a reply to the feedback so people know? Do I just let it go?

What would you do?
Since the original buyer never paid, you could contact eBay and see if they'll remove it. I think that people in this situation imagine that they're doing a seller a favor by leaving a positive feedback, but they don't think about how it might look if someone sees two separate feedbacks for the same item.

northerndancer

What, me worry?
O.G.
Dec 30, 2007
The Cool Cool North

What would you do?
I've left positive feedback for items I have returned to reflect that the transaction was positive. I'd let it go.

BeenBurned

Coach, Dooney, Uggs
Authenticator
O.G.
Feb 25, 2007
East Coast, USA
Since the original buyer never paid, you could contact eBay and see if they'll remove it. I think that people in this situation imagine that they're doing a seller a favor by leaving a positive feedback, but they don't think about how it might look if someone sees two separate feedbacks for the same item.
Not necessarily. She might have had 2 of the same item.

I wouldn't have the feedback removed. It's positive so why remove it?