Feedback on Vache Liagee leather

Of the swatches I can remember seeing in the VL in the swatch book--they are: Rouge Garance, Black, a dark tan (Gold?), dark brown (either Chocolate or Ebene--didn't check the back of the swatch).

Thank you, everyone for your wonderfully informative and descriptive replies. :nuts: Who would have known that women can be so analytical and passionate about their bags. (I guess it's like cars to men) :graucho:

This forum rocks. I have learnt so much from this foum in such a short time, it's amazing. Am still learning, I have to add.

I am pleased to know that Vache Liagee is lightweight and rigid. It's rigidity could probably preserve the shape of the bag over a long time, and after 20 years of use, still look pretty decent? I guess it can be a perfect justification to my husband should I finally decide on VL that can be part of our 'heirloom' .... that I am just getting an antique bag for my daughter (ha ha ha :greengrin: )

Kellybag said:
I wish I could see some swatches in this leather. Does anyone have anything to post in some of the colors that vache liegee comes in?
Vache liegee comes in brique, rouge H, rouge garance, gold, noisette, ebene, indigo, and black. New swatches are being sent out so you may want to check your local store.

hermesgroupie said:
Vache liegee comes in brique, rouge H, rouge garance, gold, noisette, ebene, indigo, and black. New swatches are being sent out so you may want to check your local store.

Ah yes, the Rouge H in VL--it is EXTREMELY dark--borderline bordeaux with a brown undertone. Both the SA and I were shocked that it was the Rouge H. Those interested in VL in colors other than the standard basics should definitely look at swatches in person before ordering. As many have said already, colors look a lot different in this leather.

I definitly agree Rough H does have a brown undertone.I have a Kelly in this leather.Sometimes it seems light in color rather than dark. I do think this leather takes color more softer?maybe. In another thread I posted a pic of my bag.I tried to post just now but it won't let me my picture was too big I need to figure out better how to post pics!:flowers:

I think most of the gals here have provided a good description of the leather :smile: I would like to add that I have a Vache Liegee 28cm HAC in Noisette and overall, I have been pretty satisfied with it. The bag is not only light-weight, durable, and easy to maintain, I really like how it doesn't slouch or bend as much overtime as compared to other calf leathers like togo or clemance.

twigz said:
I think most of the gals here have provided a good description of the leather :smile: I would like to add that I have a Vache Liegee 28cm HAC in Noisette and overall, I have been pretty satisfied with it. The bag is not only light-weight, durable, and easy to maintain, I really like how it doesn't slouch or bend as much overtime as compared to other calf leathers like togo or clemance.

twigz,
Pictures please. Thanks in advance. What colour is noisette?

I'm contemplating buying this red Birkin in Vache Liegee right? Just want to see how much money I make this month.;) Anyway the seller offered for me to see it in person, which I did!
It's great because it's like togo in the size of it's pebbled grain right? But it's got shine to it, so it really flatters colors ( the way Chevre does)! I mean, you know how if you get a nice red bag in goat it's nice and bright, but the same color in Togo, is just "dull" ? -> Well Vache Liegee is like Togo but with enough shine to not "deepen" or "dull" colors and give them pep. I'd def. recommend it to anyone who was looking to buy an Hermes in a fun color! Also, I did find it stiffer than togo, but I'll tell you, my togo 35s, are just a MESS after a few years, they really slouch down too much! :shame: And I like a Birkin and Kelly for their distinctive shape you know? I don't want some old floppy thing after paying 10K for it? I want my bag to still look like a Birkin after some years not much down all the way, so I think Vache L. is great. Also, the seller was kind enough to show me her own personal Vache L. kelly 32 which was a couple of years old and it had softened considerably! Does anyone remember Fjord? It reminds me of Fjord...

She also told me that Hermes is going to do a lot of Vache L form now on! Which I think is great! Ok, that's my experience with that leather, hope this helped!:yes:

Zadie, thanks for the informative post. Do you know the specific name of the red that you saw in vache liagee? A number of us are coveting the rouge vif in chevre so if there is another like color in vache liagee I would definitely be interested!:yahoo:

HiHeels said:
this thread is raising my interest in VL. Here is my question - as stiff as it is supposed to be, can it be used on a souple (non-rigide) kelly?

Yes! I saw a 32 Rouge H souple Kelly in VL yesterday. :love: I think VL looks great on the souple Kelly, it gives the bag more definition.

I have a gold 32 cm Kelly and a black PM Paris-Bombay in this leather. I really like the VL on the P-B because I bought it as a structured, practical/"evening" bag. In the Kelly, it's beautiful, but definitely not on an everyday bag to take to work because it can't hold as much stuff as a leather like togo or clemence. I like to use my Birkin as an everyday bag, so I wouldn't buy a VL Birkin. However, I LOVE the gold color in this leather, definitely an eye-popping gold, more than in togo or clemence.