Feedback on FIRST Marc Jacobs purchase

Dear Fellow Purse Lovers:

I have been carrying Louis Vuitton bags for about 3 and 1/2 years. A damier canvas for the last year. Now, I am ready to go back to a black purse. So, I have been looking at several brands including Marc Jacobs and Tory Burch.

Today, I bought a black palais royal purse. Does anyone have this? If so, please give me your feedback for everyday use. It is important to me to have a zipper closure which it does. Is the leather durable enough for everyday use? I live in Buffalo, New York. Any other feedback regarding Marc Jacobs leather purses is also welcome.

Thank you for your thoughts.

Welcome to the world of MJ. The bag you purchased is beautiful as well as functional! I don't have one, but I always try it on when I see one at the store. I am sure some other people can give you more info on the bag.

Congrats and enjoy your MJ!

First off, Congrats on your new addition! I don't have that bag, but I am an MJ addict. I got my first about 5 years ago and can't stop! I do have other bags, but I always seem to turn to my MJ's. The leather is fabulous, the colors are amazing, and I'm still using my older bags now (and they have held up very well).

Enjoy your new MJ! : )

I have the Palais Royal Flat case in black that I carry as a clutch & while I don't carry it everyday, I am happy with the way it is holding up, the leather seems durable & easy to maintain. Hope you will post some pictures of you first MJ!

congrats on your first mj and great choice! the palais royal is very durable and leather will be able to withstand the rough weather in buffalo. i'd liketo know which style you got too. you should post pics so we can drool over your new bag.

is this the bag that you purchased -- the Palais Royal Gray bag in Black? I really wanted one of these in raspberry from the 2008 S/S line -- there's a new bag in the new S/S line that looks very similar (the "Scooter"). I think the Palais Royal bags make great every day bags. Super soft and the leather is extremely durable. I would imagine they wear very well in all sorts of weather -- I'd love to see pics of your new bag!!

attachment.php

Attachments

• gray.jpg
    gray.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 262
I have three palais royal leather items - one bag, two flat cases. One of the flat cases I keep in my bag with my wallet, keys etc to keep organized. It doesn't show any signs of wear at all. The other bag I have is the Jen - I have used it just a few times, but so far, it's held up great!

Congrats on your new purchase!!

Hi! Respectasale's really good friend IRL here. She called me to discuss this earlier today, so I hope it's okay to hop into her thread.

This is the bag respectasale bought... the Palais Royal Jen Satchel in black. Here's the bag in blue. (Sorry, but I couldn't find a pic of it in black to show you. We both MUCH prefer the black!) The only other difference is the label in the picture on the Bloomingdale's site is leather and the label on hers is metal.
PAAAAAGDPGBHKNGD.jpg

One of respectasale's concerns is the uneven-ness of the center pleat. She found out that the bag is deliberately made that way, and while I don't think it would bother me, it might bug end up bugging her. What do you think? She was also wondering... since it is a soft leather, will it get too "saggy"? TIA!

I didn't know it was deliberately made with an uneven pleat! I use to have the clutch and the pleat drove me crazy.... i kept trying to even it out. If I had known that earlier, I probably would have kept it. LOL.

I have to say though, this is my favorite of the royal palais line. It looks so functional and pretty! Congrats again to your friend.