Feedback Needed on this Ladies Rolex!

MatAllston

O.G.
Sep 19, 2006
Hi everyone,

I don't own a Rolex so my knowledge on this brand is close to none. I came across a picture of a Rolex today and I think I am in love. Can you assist me with the following questions?

- Is this watch still in production? If yes, what is the MSRP?
- If I go the resale route, what is the market price?
- Has anyone seen this watch in person? If yes, does it look too flashy?
- Does anyone own this? If yes, can you please post a few action pics?
- Will I be able to wear this to work? I work in an office environment.

Sorry for all the questions but I have no clue when it comes to Rolex.

Many thanks in advance.

Attachments

• ladies_red_dial_rolex.jpg
    ladies_red_dial_rolex.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 277
Hi, where did you find this photo? Does the site say they sell authentic Rolex? It's not a dial made by Rolex, for starters.

Thank you for your feedback, this is from my local jeweler who has been in business for many years and they carry many Rolex watches. I have not seen this watch in person but when I spoke to the owner of the store over the phone, he told me this watch is 15 years old and it comes with the original sales receipt from an authorized Rolex dealer in my city. Are you suspecious that this is not authentic?

Caution is wise for buying any secondhand Rolex. With the dial being not Rolex, it certainly raises questions. I recommend you start by asking for the serial number of the watch and the markings on the bracelet itself.

What did your jeweler tell you about this watch? Any mention of issues?

Thanks jellyv. I didn't ask the jeweler that many questions, I am planning of going in to take a look in a few days. The jeweler just said that they provide a one year warrenty, the watch is in great shape and it comes with the original receipt. I will try to ask for the serial number when I go in.

Be careful out there...the jeweler had better be expert on Rolex and able to tell you everything about authenticity here. So-called custom (really, aftermarket and non-Rolex made) parts hit the value and will be a problem if you ever require service from Rolex down the road.

Good luck, and take your time finding the right watch for you. :smile:

PS, if you'd like to see what dials and bracelets are available, here's a resource. If you find a dial that isn't here, it's not an original, intact Rolex dial.

http://www.oysterworld.de/dials-bracelets.html

If the jeweler is certain it is a Rolex, then he should not have a problem with your taking it to Rolex for confirmation. With such a purchase, this is mandatory. With this peace of mind you will enjoy your watch all the more. Good luck!

The only way to tell & be 100% certain it's an authentic Rolex with genuine internal parts is to have an experienced jeweller take it apart & thoroughly inspect it.

There are many seemingly authentic Rolex watches that look impeccable yet internally have components made in China.

Just an FYI

Good decision.:smile: Keep us posted.

(There are some reputable Rolex resellers, but it takes lots of research and questions etc...not the level of comfort of buying at an authorized dealer.)

Looks like a Lady Datejust with diamond bezel and a modified dial. The dial is original, probably, but someone had diamonds added to it. Doing that will actually decrease the value of the watch, and RSC may remove the dial, and replace with an original, if sent in for service.

There is no way to determine from this picture that the dial started out as a Rolex dial. I agree that its new format, even if it had been at one time a real Rolex dial, renders it unserviceable by Rolex. Hard to guess what else is off here, too, so the OP's decision sounds appropriate to me.

Thanks jellyv. I didn't ask the jeweler that many questions, I am planning of going in to take a look in a few days. The jeweler just said that they provide a one year warrenty, the watch is in great shape and it comes with the original receipt. I will try to ask for the serial number when I go in.

Regarding the dial not being made by Rolex, I don't think it's a biggie . My mom has a gold pres.Rolex that her jeweler made her a diamond bezel for. They are called " after market " .after market is something that is added to a Rolex that is not made by Rolex.
I have a stainless gold oyster one with a diamond dial and bezel. I needed links added and the jeweler had 2 Rolex one and one aftermarket one. I got all 3 added and then this spring when I got it cleaned , they put a Rolex one in place of the aftermarket one.
If you trust your jeweler than go for it.
Tourneu and Bailey ,Banks Biddle have Rolex trunk shows yearly and they will bring in extra stock for them. They would be the ones to ask about a specific watch .