Feed a cold, starve a fever?!?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I have a yucky cold and have been craving cookies and salty things for the last 2.5 days.

Got on the scale this morning and I am SIX pounds heavier than I was last week.

Yucky, puffy, whine, whine, whine.

2. i have a cold right now (dang you, rainy london)...and i wish i could even EAT...most i've been able to get down was some tea...so i'm quite jealous because cookies are sounding GOOD right now!

feel better! :flowers:

3. You, too!

Put a little lemon and honey in your tea and it will help soothe your throat:drinkup:

4. Whenever I'm sick, I alternately starve and binge as my body seems to require it. On days I can't eat, nothing (except possibly my mother standing over me with forkload of food) gets it down. On days I can, no self-control, especially around carbs.

It's so irritating!

as for the sor throat, another thing you can do (lemon and honey is very good, though) is put a little, as in half a teaspoon, of sea salt in your drinking water. It makes it go down much more smoothly and it feels nice on the throat too. Plus, the sea salt has a lot of minerals that are good for you and pick you up a bit.

5. That is what my body does too... but just follow your body and it will all go back to 'normal' :yes: