FeeBay seller goes back on his word! No MAC for me!=[ *Rant*

xIcyBluex

I want it.
Jul 15, 2007
So there was a red patent weave MAC on feebay a few weeks ago. The listing was for best offer and it ended up not selling. The BIN was $250 but with a ridiculous $31 for shipping!

I emailed the seller after the listing ended and he said that he was going to relist it for $250 including shipping. I assumed that he would relist it for $220 with the $31 for shipping so I emailed him back asking if he could list it as a private BIN of $250 w/ free shipping so that I could apply the 30% live.com discount to the full value of it. I waited his reply patiently for over a week but there was none.

I just did a search of the completed listings for the MAC, and lo and behold, my seller relisted it for the $250 with $31 for shipping. $280 is a price I would pay for the MAC, but he didn't have to be a sleazeball and secretly go behind my back to rip somebody off $31 for shipping. He was the one who set the price of $250 including shipping, and I simply asked for a private listing so as to guarantee that I would get it.

I had a bad feeling about it to start with since when he emailed me back he was already quite rude... *sigh* No MAC for me still. This has really just made me lose even more faith in feebay. :crybaby:

That was pretty rude of him; and to charge $31 is outrageous! I am sorry you didn't get it but it doesn't sound like a very nice seller anyway. I am sure another will come your way soon.

The worst part about it, was that I missed the exact same clutch at a sale where it was $170. The seller emphasized that he/she paid full price for it several times to me so I am assuming that they got it at the sale and attempted to make a hefty profit off it.