Fedex to France--NEED HELP!

CSamoylov

O.G.
Oct 15, 2010
So, on 11/21 a buyer purchased a pair of CL from me for $300.00. She's paid for the item and asked they be shipped via FedEx which I agreed to as she was paying for the shipping charges. Well, she checked out automatically with the buy it now option and I see she changed it to FedEx but, kept the $35.00 charge.
Now, it's 12/5 and she asked me to ship them today as she was out of the country of France until today. I'm looking at the cheapest way to ship them via fedex from California and it's $116!:nuts:
I tried to get ahold of the buyer once already as her address did not come up in the system. Do I ship these shoes USPS because that's what $35.00 costs or ask her for additional money for shipping?

Thank you!
From- Caught In Between :/

So, on 11/21 a buyer purchased a pair of CL from me for $300.00. She's paid for the item and asked they be shipped via FedEx which I agreed to as she was paying for the shipping charges. Well, she checked out automatically with the buy it now option and I see she changed it to FedEx but, kept the $35.00 charge.
Now, it's 12/5 and she asked me to ship them today as she was out of the country of France until today. I'm looking at the cheapest way to ship them via fedex from California and it's $116!:nuts:
I tried to get ahold of the buyer once already as her address did not come up in the system. Do I ship these shoes USPS because that's what $35.00 costs or ask her for additional money for shipping?

Thank you!
From- Caught In Between :/

I ship quite often to France and I use the USPS. It is very fast. Did she mention why she preferred FEDEX?

You should message her through eBay and say that FedEx is $116 and USPS is $35. She would have to pay the difference to have FedEx. And if not, cancel the sale.

Wait, the item was sold on 11/21 and was not shipped yet? Didn't the buyer pay for the item until now? Oh, she was away and asked you to hold until she came back home. Anyway, it's holiday season and the delivery time seems longer than usual. If you ship it by USPS, I would recommend you to use Express Mail. Otherwise, it might take forever to reach the buyer and she might file INR. It's already passed two weeks after the sale, it's better to pay for faster service.

I prefer Fedex or other courier services, if a shipping cost is not so ridiculous. Their tracking system is so much better than USPS. Also their delivery time is much more predictable.

Anyway, I hope you and your buyer have a smooth transaction!

You should message her through eBay and say that FedEx is $116 and USPS is $35. She would have to pay the difference to have FedEx. And if not, cancel the sale.

Yep. You shouldn't be responsible... Your buyer more than likely knows that Fedex costs significantly more than other international shipping methods. She is responsible for the costs.

Not only is she responsible for that special shipping request, but she is responsible

for any duty on the package be it Fedex, USPS , UPS shipping or any other

carrier.... if she asks you to mark a lower value for customs, would not

agree to that under any circumstances...