Fedex Smartpost Package Lost?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Spring Sale is now live! Serious savings on customer favorites - up to 40% off with free shipping and free returns. Shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi,

Has anyone ever returned a package using the retailer's smartpost label and the package was lost? I returned something to Barneys and have done it many times successfully. The tracking goes until 4/8 when the package was handed by the post office to the returns agent and the trail has gone cold...

Fedex told me there was nothing else they could do and to reach out to the retailer, which I will do.

Curious what other people have experienced with smartpost!

2. Same thing happened to me, now I will never use smartpost with Barneys.

3. #3 Apr 28, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
    What did Barneys end up resolving it? I emailed them and they opened an investigation with Fedex. In my case, it was Fedex that lost it, not USPS. I have tracking all the way up until it was handed over to Fedex and in transit.

4. If I didnt have a receipt for dropping off my pkg with usps, I'd been screwed. With this, Bny refunded me. After closing this case several months later, the pkgs were still not found.

5. Thanks! I haven't had to contact BNY often for anything so hope the same happens for me. I always wonder where these lost packages go -- someone must be very well dressed.