FedEx "signature required" warning!

I did buy 2000 US dollar Prada handbag from sakes online website and it was shipped by DHL to my country. I was at work, so I gave them the address of my family house as I usually do. So on the delivery day, I was busy and I totally forget about it. So at 12pm, I just logged to their website and saw that it was delivered and XXX signed for it.

I am sure I don't know anyone with the same name. So, I called home wondering if they got my package or not. And my nephew who was visiting his grandparents (7 years old) told me that he was playing outside and a man gave him a big box and place it on the floor and asked him what his name was (so the delivery guy wrote the name of my 7y/o nephew) on the signature? can you imagine?

Why does indirect signature even exist? My neighbours are too sketchy to be trusted. :amazed:

I agree! I think you can request the shipper make it a direct signature or have it held at your local FedEx station to be picked up instead of delivered, if its close to you...:smile: I do that and is so much easier, I don't have to worry about missing it or having to be there to sign for it.....:smile:

I agree! I think you can request the shipper make it a direct signature or have it held at your local FedEx station to be picked up instead of delivered, if its close to you...:smile: I do that and is so much easier, I don't have to worry about missing it or having to be there to sign for it.....:smile:

That's a good idea, I'll do that next time something gets shipped to me with fedex.

I did buy 2000 US dollar Prada handbag from sakes online website and it was shipped by DHL to my country. I was at work, so I gave them the address of my family house as I usually do. So on the delivery day, I was busy and I totally forget about it. So at 12pm, I just logged to their website and saw that it was delivered and XXX signed for it.

I am sure I don't know anyone with the same name. So, I called home wondering if they got my package or not. And my nephew who was visiting his grandparents (7 years old) told me that he was playing outside and a man gave him a big box and place it on the floor and asked him what his name was (so the delivery guy wrote the name of my 7y/o nephew) on the signature? can you imagine?

:amazed: Unbelievable! Who does that?! That could have easily gone wrong. Giving a package to a child :nono:

I use to use FedEx all the time for my $$$ purchases because I heard they were pretty good, better then UPS and USPS who both have "lost" packages for me, but then they I guess my route got a new driver and he started leaving my packages at my door without anyone signing for it, then the worst happened, a diamond bangle I ordered from blue Nile was left, the package went missing. I live alone so no one else could have signed for it. The signature was unreadable and they name they typed ini never even heard of. They were no help. I know the package was signature required....

Now I make sure I pick my stuff up.

Was it shipped ground or express, do you know? They are actually independent of each other...

I think it was ground but I'm not sure. I just looked up the tracking info and although there was a request for them to hold the package for pickup they STILL delivered it. It says: 8:45am Hold at FedEx location request received
Check back later for shipment status, 11:45am Delivered

I'm just glad I got my package.

I'm really shocked. I lived in a gated apt community in LA once when I was moving heavy Ikea furniture boxes from the elevator to my unit just around the corner one at a time and a couple of boxes were stolen BY MY NEIGHBOR in <5 minutes. So I really hate the idea of a Chanel bag sitting on a doorstep for hours (this is in suburban MA though so I get that it's different). I also don't like the fact that the drivers could steal as well; (I remember a recent thread here about a Tiffany bean necklace mysteriously disappearing).. :sad: Alas, my friend opened the package and the bag is FINE...

:shocked: say what now?

:shocked: say what now?

yuuup. Back in 2006 I was moving into a new apartment in LA and there was this sketchy unit right next to the elevator. The people that lived there were SO shady; I heard arguments at all hours, music blaring at night, late rent notices on their door constantly, the police were always being called... I KNEW they took my Ikea boxes because theirs was the only unit between mine and the elevator and no one else would have had time to snatch them. Plus it was a "nice" community and everyone else I encountered seemed normal. A few weeks later I was taking my trash to the trash room (one on each floor) and low and behold my empty boxes were there. (Apparently thieves aren't in a hurry to assemble stolen furniture!) The people ended up getting evicted a few months later for God knows what. I was fresh out of college and didn't have money to replace the stuff. I even went back to my car because I thought I had forgotten the boxes in my trunk.. ughhh, some people!!!!!

yuuup. Back in 2006 I was moving into a new apartment in LA and there was this sketchy unit right next to the elevator. The people that lived there were SO shady; I heard arguments at all hours, music blaring at night, late rent notices on their door constantly, the police were always being called... I KNEW they took my Ikea boxes because theirs was the only unit between mine and the elevator and no one else would have had time to snatch them. Plus it was a "nice" community and everyone else I encountered seemed normal. A few weeks later I was taking my trash to the trash room (one on each floor) and low and behold my empty boxes were there. (Apparently thieves aren't in a hurry to assemble stolen furniture!) The people ended up getting evicted a few months later for God knows what. I was fresh out of college and didn't have money to replace the stuff. I even went back to my car because I thought I had forgotten the boxes in my trunk.. ughhh, some people!!!!!

What a terrible story. Thanks for sharing it with me (us). Experiences like that suck at first but they teach you a lot about life and the people in and around it.

A relative was doing yard work here not long ago when my LV wallet came via fedex with direct signature required. I saw the truck pull into my driveway and waited for the doorbell but it never rang. I went outside and my cousin who was shoveling mulch gave me the package and told me he signed for it. Sure enough I logged into the tracking and saw it was signed with his last name, not mine.

Of course he wouldn't have taken it, but I just thought what if this was a hired stranger who signed for it and stuffed it in their car? It ticked me off a little. They should at least go to the main door if a resident isn't outside. Idk..

Alex Spoils Me said:
May I ask what part of LA you were living in at the time? I am from but haven't lived for some time now.

I am glad those sh!thouse people got the boot or whatever. I am even happier you made the move to a better place.:smile:

Edit: And it was gated!!! What!!!! This is killing me.

It was an Archstone property, I can PM u the exact one. I forgot to mention the crying children that lived there as well. The noise from that apt was horrible. I hope karma came back to bite those thieves in the @ss! :smile:

Last edited:
It was an Archstone property, I can PM u the exact one. I forgot to mention the crying children that lived there as well. The noise from that apt was horrible. I hope karma came back to bite those thieves in the @ss! :smile:

Wow, and Archstone makes such a big deal on their website about how wonderful and safe their apartments are! So happy you are now in a safer place.