FedEx Misdelivered My Package!

So sorry to hear about this! I know how it is to be waiting for something, especially coach and something go wrong. But maybe they will be able to track the package and hopefully the person who accepted the package will be honest and return it, since obviously its not anything they ordered. Hope all goes well. Good luck!

This is why I don't use Fedex or UPS! At least USPS makes you both sign and print your name, and print your address on the signature form. You get more information that way. I have seen Fedex guys leave bags on my front porch without having me sign for them, and then when you check the signature online its my initials (the fedex/UPS guy signed it!) Horrible!

While this is true in most cases, sometimes they are guilty of leaving packages as well.

The thing that gets me is why people sign for a package that wasnt theirs to begin with. I mean I usually know if I am expecting a package and if Im not and one shows up I am gonna wanna see the label to see where its from and I know that if my name wasnt on it as the reciever I'd tell the delivery person it was a mistake. I cant imagine just signing and accepting something that wasnt mine. I have had some of my packages go to one of the larger offices here in town, they order a lot of office supplies and from time to time when I do an officemax order if they have had a large order as well then the driver sometimes accidently mixes mine in with theirs. The receptionist always calls and lets me know when that happens and I totally understand it when I go to get my one tiny officemax box and there lobby is stacked full of officemax boxes. I understand her not being able to check each one before signing. but for a single package and one that is going to a residential address I cant imagine not having enough sense to check to see thats its mine before I sign for it.

I can totally empathize with you! I have had 2 similar situations in the past year with Fed Ex. The first was I ordered something from Neiman Marcus for my best friend, who lives in Florida (I live in NY). I checked daily to see when the package was delivered (it was a secret, so my best friend didn't know it was coming). So finally I see it was delivered and I called her and she said no, I haven't received anything. And then I look at the address that fed ex has and they messed up the address given from Neiman Marcus (cause I know it was right there!) And so I ask my best friend if the address Fed Ex delivered to exists and she said no. There's no such street number on her block. So where did this package get delivered to and how did they deliver it if the house didn't exist???? I called up Fed Ex and they put a "tracker" on it and I had to call back the next day. Luckily though the package was still where the driver left it (who knows where that was) and it got delivered to the right house the next day.

This sounds very suspect. The driver seems like s/he was trying to steal your package becuase this makes no sense what-so-ever.

This is why I don't use Fedex or UPS! At least USPS makes you both sign and print your name, and print your address on the signature form. You get more information that way. I have seen Fedex guys leave bags on my front porch without having me sign for them, and then when you check the signature online its my initials (the fedex/UPS guy signed it!) Horrible!
That's funny. I can't get my FedEx guy to leave a package that has to be signed for (on my enclosed screen porch - very safe, and UPS does leave pkgs) for ANYTHING!! He says he will be the one who's liable is anything happens. I used to get my (now deceased) neighbor to sign for FedEx pkgs, and that was great, but now not possible of course.
It's annoying (when no one is home), but I'm glad because it is for the safety of both of us.

That's funny. I can't get my FedEx guy to leave a package that has to be signed for (on my enclosed screen porch - very safe, and UPS does leave pkgs) for ANYTHING!! He says he will be the one who's liable is anything happens. I used to get my (now deceased) neighbor to sign for FedEx pkgs, and that was great, but now not possible of course.
It's annoying (when no one is home), but I'm glad because it is for the safety of both of us.

Yeah, someone else wrote about this before. FedEx Express are employees, not responsible. FedEx Ground are independent contractors and they are responsible for any "lost" packages.

Which told you they are responsible?

Evy I hope you'll get your package soon.

I must say though, in my experience whether it's fedex, UPS or USPS, the service is only as good as the driver on your route.

Yeah, someone else wrote about this before. FedEx Express are employees, not responsible. FedEx Ground are independent contractors and they are responsible for any "lost" packages.

Which told you they are responsible?
It is the FedEx express guy who won't leave anything that has to be signed for. He will leave a regular package (that does not have to be signed for) on my enclosed porch. I am not aware that I have ever had anything that needed to be signed for through FedEx ground (he leaves the pkgs on the porch too as well as UPS). I am kind of spoiled, I guess, living in a "safe" town of 500 (how long will it be "safe"? -- don't really know). But best thing for me is USPS where they hold them there at the PO in a safe place and you sign when you get the slip.

Stupid FedEx driver :noggin:
My BF and I were cleaning up all day and we were obviously home, my landlords were outside getting ready for a trip. I had told them that I was going to be gone for the weekend after we finished cleaning.
Well, FedEx driver came by when they were outside and gave my package to my landlord!!! He could have been a random person standing outside my building! And he just handed it over :wtf:
Luckily when I got home today, my landlord had come by to fix my bathroom lights and had dropped off my package in my apartment :nuts:

So all is well now, except FedEx continues sucking as well as UPS for giving a flying crap about their customers :tdown:

Even when I called today, they refused to help me, saying that the Ground department was closed and I had to call them tomorrow :rolleyes:
Gee, thanks.

Oh, and the seller never e-mailed me back about this :nogood:

But the purse is really cute :tup:

I'm glad this all got resolved! I just wanted to say that I have heard of something happening a couple of times that sounds similar (and it happened to me too) - apparently sometimes if they driver doesn't get all his packages delivered by the end of the day, he will just sign and say they are delivered and THEN bring them the next day. I have heard of this happening to several people and I am suspicious that it happened to me as well, it sounds exactly like what happened to you! My package showed as delivered and signed for, but was nowhere to be found. I called UPS, they said they'd put a "trace" on it and then it mysteriously showed up the next day.

Thank God it's resolved!

Once I went online and my packaged showed that it was signed for by ME!

I drove home as fast as I could to see what was up and it was sitting there by the stoop! I half wanted to start a complaint to see what the driver produced as 'my signature'!

once this happened to a friend of mine, where he bought a new laptop and someone else signed for it and he never got it. In the end the company had to send another one cause they couldn't find out who signed for it.
glad you got your bag and everything worked out ok:smile: