Federal authorities arrested Ebay seller Richgirlscollection/Loukpeach

I don't think she was buying H for her own use. Last July, I almost purchased a B30 from her on eBay. I was the 2nd highest bidder and after the auction was over, she messaged me and asked if I would buy from her as the person who actually won the auction was a new user with zero feedback. I responded and told her I would consider it but never heard back.

Shortly afterwards, I dug around and found her Instagram (user: richgirlscollection) and realized that she was also a member here under the same user name on eBay (loukpeach). I noticed under the Instagram account, she was pretty open about buying Hermes to resell.

I followed her on eBay and saw the orange B for sale for a long time. She had a couple of great Celine Lizard bags that I was watching for a while. I never noticed the reselling with her posts on the H forum but she would literally post the same comment on 20 threads in a row which I always thought was odd. I assumed she was just trying to maintain membership for authentication requests.

Sounds like a good miss not buying the B30.

It shows that even if a seller has shown to sell real bags in the bag, doesn't guarantee that ALL the bags are real.

I love TPF and this place has been a valuable resource. I understand that the "AuthenticationThis" threads are based on volunteers but I trust these volunteers to help identify authentic items before I purchase, even if I pay for authentication again after for peace of mind. These threads are based on trust of people's opinions. If they were clear fakes, I am wondering how the forum determines who is a realiable/un-reliable volunteer authenticator?

I believe what she was doing was a bait and switch. She would list pictures of authentic items (in which the authenticators would obviously deem authentic) and then send the buyer the counterfeit. This is nothing new in the eBay scamming world unfortunately.

Hats off to the original poster in that other thread. She was not believed and some authenticators were also very derisive in how they spoke of her claims. She was honestly scammed and fought back. I commend her.

I agree with you on this one. A few years back I had posted a warning about a seller whom I purchased a fake Celine from. As soon as I pulled it out of the dust bag I knew it was fake, the smell and entire look of the bag was fake. I had my friends Celine (which was identical to the fake I bought) and there were so many things that were off, even the measurements (which I'm sure a designer would not mess up on). But all I got was attacks like I could possibly be lying. I ended up moving on from that thread and had the item authenticated and it was deemed fake. I don't think it's intentional that some of the group members mean to sound unsupportive, it's the delivery and approach that makes it come off that way and can really deter those who want to give their warnings. Anyhow, kudos to the original poster for stepping up.

I browsed her IG account and she was indeed living the life. First class flights, expensive purchases, and very good food. I just can't believe how greedy people can be, bragging while ripping people off!

She is being held pending her detention hearing and the preliminary hearing on June 1st. I'm sure they took her passport. BTW, the documents in the case state she's a Chinese national, not Thai.

Also beware of purchasing any purses from the website that was created 3 months ago called XXXX. That is also her, she used her sister's information to open the website. **update: Go Daddy closed the website down. So no fear there.
This article says she was born in Thailand but I did see other articles saying she's a Chinese national. Not that it's relevant but with a name like hers she definitely is not Chinese unless she's mixed Thai.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/virginia-woman-accused-elaborate-designer-handbag-scheme-article-1.2652175

I just binge-read both of the threads now and am so shocked. She was such an active poster on the forums this is a huge slap in our collective face. Disgusting! She deserves the maximum punishment. I hope everyone who was scammed will be notified and offered compensation. I wonder how eBay will handle this.

This brings up a lot of questions:

If bags have unique codes in them couldn't the stores verify that they are receiving the same bag that was sold? I'm not sure if each Fendi, Gucci, and Burberry bag has a unique code. Surely Chanel does, so maybe that's why she didn't go there. Then what happened to those fake returned bags? Do the stores check them at all or are they just sold to unsuspecting customers? Ugh, the thought makes me sick! She can't be the only one who has gotten away with this scam, so let's all be very careful even when shopping at department stores.

Was she posting pics of authentic bags in her listing but then shipping out a fake to the buyer? How can authenticating a live auction on TPF give buyers assurance if they end up getting a different bag? I guess we should all use a paid service once the bag is in hand but the problem is it still makes the seller look reputable on the forum (until someone like the OP exposes her).

If buyers complained to eBay but used direct invoice, would eBay even care or investigate the seller?

Are the Feds going after her counterfeit sources? How good are the Feds at authenticating bags? As good as the ladies at TPF? I'm hoping all the fake bags get destroyed even if her real H bags get torched along with them.

It's such an insult how she played dumb to defend herself. Where's the vomiting emoji???

And considering she set up another scam website under her sister's name, she may have more merchandise someone else could sell on her behalf while she's locked up. Hopefully not the white knights defending her [emoji849]

I just read the entire saga from the other thread that is closed so let's see what happen to Ms. I will sell my bags no matter what... Wow, she was cocky huh? I know one thing, we have some real "detectives" on tpf. Just amazing. Thank you. I've never been to this EBay forum before so this was a real eye-opener. I never would have seen all of this if you hadn't posted in the H forum.

I just read the entire saga from the other thread that is closed so let's see what happen to Ms. I will sell my bags no matter what... Wow, she was cocky huh? I know one thing, we have some real "detectives" on tpf. Just amazing. Thank you. I've never been to this EBay forum before so this was a real eye-opener. I never would have seen all of this if you hadn't posted in the H forum.

Omg thank you! She was sooo active in the H forum, my purpose for posting there was so others can be aware of her counterfeit sales and avoid them. I was definitely not spamming if that awareness prevents any future fraudulent sales, and related directly to her H purchases/sales which was proven here. Hopefully others saw and spread the news before my posts there were deleted.

Omg thank you! She was sooo active in the H forum, my purpose for posting there was so others can be aware of her counterfeit sales and avoid them. I was definitely not spamming if that awareness prevents any future fraudulent sales, and related directly to her H purchases/sales which was proven here. Hopefully others saw and spread the news before my posts there were deleted.

As I mentioned in my response to you earlier, what future fraudulent sales? She's been charged and is in custody. I doubt she is buying and selling bags or will be anytime soon.

But there might be unsuspecting people out there who were already scammed by her and don't know. I can't read all of the threads and I understand that a lengthy discussion isn't warranted on multiple threads but sometimes just a heads up like this is very helpful to me.