Feather trends on Shoes

I got these ballet flats from Banana Republic in both tan and black. They're adorable! However ... they are very fragile. I don't expect them to last very long. Thankfully I got them on sale.

http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=31203&vid=1&pid=779384&scid=779384002

I really like these ^. a lot of the feather shoes im seeing are really fun and like someone else said, really flirty ;) but the YSL aren't my style. The YSL actually remind me of something I'd love on the runway but find impractical in reality. Maybe, if you have the money to throw away on a special 1 night event b/c i don't think they'd last much longer.

very cute and fun.. however, the trend is probably short-lived.. so IF I were to get a pair, it would have to be on sale.. and to wear them, I'd have to be 100% sure there was 0% chance of rain and I'm not near a pregnant friend.

(remembering Carrie wearing those cute pink feather shoes and Miranda breaking her water right on them.) :smile:

I've seen some that I really like.........

But, Louie, my little boy cat, LOVES feathers to play with......and tears them to pieces. No feathered shoes for me.

very cute and fun.. however, the trend is probably short-lived.. so IF I were to get a pair, it would have to be on sale.. and to wear them, I'd have to be 100% sure there was 0% chance of rain and I'm not near a pregnant friend.

(remembering Carrie wearing those cute pink feather shoes and Miranda breaking her water right on them.) :smile:

those were actually chiffon ruffles :flowers:

also in regards to the roger vivier and ysl's.... i don't believe either are feathers....

the roger vivier's appear to be chiffon and the ysl's are more of a faux hair like material

i have a pair of alberta ferretti strappy flats (from way back) that have feathers across the front like the manolos posted..
i gotta say, feathers just arent robust enough for shoes!
They get ruined very easily and then look really tattered and scraggy, even without the presence of water!
:tdown:

Last edited: