Fear The Walking Dead

Sassys

Please get some Common Sense
O.G.
May 14, 2006
Entertainment More: TV The Walking Dead AMC
'The Walking Dead' spinoff may finally tell us how the zombie apocalypse began

For years fans have wondered how the zombie apocalypse started on "The Walking Dead" series and in the long-running comic series. It looks like we may finally find out starting this summer.

The first short teaser trailer for "The Walking Dead" spinoff series, "Fear the Walking Dead," debuted during the season five finale of the AMC show.

The companion series, which will be set in Los Angeles, California, hints toward a flu-like virus that is going around.

"Fear the Walking Dead" will air on AMC late summer 2015.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/fear-the-walking-dead-teaser-trailer-2015-3#ixzz3Vsg64EIS

About the Show
What did the world look like as it was transforming into the horrifying apocalypse depicted in The Walking Dead? This summer, AMC will answer that question with Fear The Walking Dead, an all-new original series set in Los Angeles, following new characters as they face the beginning of the end of the world.
Starring Kim Dickens (Gone Girl, Sons of Anarchy), Cliff Curtis (Missing, Gang Related), Frank Dillane (Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince) and Alycia Debnam Carey (Into the Storm) and Executive Produced by Dave Erickson (Marco Polo, Sons of Anarchy), Robert Kirkman, Gale Anne Hurd, Greg Nicotero and David Alpert, Fear The Walking Dead premieres this summer, with a second season airing in 2016.

Hooray! I'm glad you made a thread! I'm so excited for this premiere. I'm always curious to what was happening elsewhere and while Rick was in the coma (meaning the early stages of the outbreak).

From the preview it seems like people were suffering from flu like symptoms. I wonder if it was that or was someone messing with the flu shots and that caused it.

I'm going to watch and give it a try. I hope they go into the backstory a bit, I'm okay if it's still a little up in the air as to how the "virus" started but I'd like to see how it spread. I like that this is a whole universe of sorts within TWD franchise. Once TWD is off the air or near end, I'd love to see a prequel show or even a movie that shows the actual events that unfolded to the initial start of the virus.

I also like to see how it manifested in a big city like LA and why the military was so easily over taken by the walkers.

I'm going to watch and give it a try. I hope they go into the backstory a bit, I'm okay if it's still a little up in the air as to how the "virus" started but I'd like to see how it spread. I like that this is a whole universe of sorts within TWD franchise. Once TWD is off the air or near end, I'd love to see a prequel show or even a movie that shows the actual events that unfolded to the initial start of the virus.

I also like to see how it manifested in a big city like LA and why the military was so easily over taken by the walkers.

The military and government aspect intrigues me too... Also what about the president and other countries/continents? My mind just... Goes!!

From the preview it seems like people were suffering from flu like symptoms. I wonder if it was that or was someone messing with the flu shots and that caused it.

God, that's all we need. A show saying the flu shot caused zombies. Half the population will start believing it and refuse to get them.