Favourite Tv Series!vote

favourite tv series

• sex and the city

• LOST

• PRISON BREAK

• DESPERATE HOUSIWIFES

Results are only viewable after voting.
Sex and the city is one of the stupiest shows ever, and I HATE Sarah Jessica Parker!...lol So yeah, I'm going with Desperate Housewives, it's not my favorite show, but it's the best on the list.

Sex and the city is one of the stupiest shows ever, and I HATE Sarah Jessica Parker!...lol So yeah, I'm going with Desperate Housewives, it's not my favorite show, but it's the best on the list.

While I don't hate SJP (but don't exactly like her either - hate is a strong word), I am glad there is someone else out there who doesn't find SATC to be all that insightful or entertaining. Little rant here for anyone else who feels the same way:

I have watched a few episodes from each season and just found the whole thing ridonculous and a little too smitten with its own cleverness when it wasn't that clever to begin with. I hate that there can't be a show about women that doesn't revolve around their relationship with the opposite sex. While I have currently been in a relationship for the past 6 years, whether in or out of that relationship, my life has never revolved around my relationship with the opposite sex any more than it has my relationship with friends and family. I just think too many female characters on TV seem to be driven solely by their relationships with the opposite sex. I am actually really glad that I gave Desperate Housewives a chance because as much as the name of the show made me think that the opposite was going to occur, the show really does focus a lot on the strength of platonic female friendships and I appreciate that. On SATC, the female friendship seemed like a means to set up relationship drama while I find DH to use the opposite approach.

While I don't hate SJP (but don't exactly like her either - hate is a strong word), I am glad there is someone else out there who doesn't find SATC to be all that insightful or entertaining. Little rant here for anyone else who feels the same way:

I have watched a few episodes from each season and just found the whole thing ridonculous and a little too smitten with its own cleverness when it wasn't that clever to begin with. I hate that there can't be a show about women that doesn't revolve around their relationship with the opposite sex. While I have currently been in a relationship for the past 6 years, whether in or out of that relationship, my life has never revolved around my relationship with the opposite sex any more than it has my relationship with friends and family. I just think too many female characters on TV seem to be driven solely by their relationships with the opposite sex. I am actually really glad that I gave Desperate Housewives a chance because as much as the name of the show made me think that the opposite was going to occur, the show really does focus a lot on the strength of platonic female friendships and I appreciate that. On SATC, the female friendship seemed like a means to set up relationship drama while I find DH to use the opposite approach.

Okay so I don't exactly hate her, but I Strongly dislike her, better? Honestly, saying that I hate her isn't a big deal to me, I don't see why it bothers you. You've never in your life claimed you hated someone, but didn't really mean it? I said it because I REALLY don't like her or the show, and I think it's stupid so many women are obsessed with it.

Okay so I don't exactly hate her, but I Strongly dislike her, better? Honestly, saying that I hate her isn't a big deal to me, I don't see why it bothers you. You've never in your life claimed you hated someone, but didn't really mean it? I said it because I REALLY don't like her or the show, and I think it's stupid so many women are obsessed with it.

You're saying "hate" doesn't bother me either and I'm sorry if it came across that way. It was just too strong a word for me to describe my personal feelings toward her. For me, my feelings are more ambivalence, mild annoyance, and occasionally wishing she would go away, thus "hate" which implies strong feelings doesn't apply for me. You can call your feelings whatever you want.

I agree 100% with you not understanding the obsession with the show.