Favourite OPI colour?

helium

Nov 16, 2007
I love OPI nail polishes, they go on so smoothly and blah blah blah i'm sure you've heard it/experienced it all :smile:.

However, because I can't try them on, I often end up buying colours that I don't like! They look great in the bottle but not on my nails, and I can't return them.

So I decided to ask you all for your favourite colours, a short description of what its like, and um... (pictures... if you can :shame:?).

I'll start off:

My favourite, favourite one so far is Rosy Future... it's just a hint of pink shimmer and it's so good for me because i'm not supposed to be wearing nail polish at work.

I also like Need Sunglasses, it's bright, bright yellow.

Sorry about no pictures... my nails aren't very... nice right now (they broke during work!)

My favorite is Puerto Vallerta (sp?) Violetta. It's a pale purple creme, no shimmer. It's a neutral purple though, not too pink or too blue, if that makes sense. It's subtle, yet different :tup:

i love ElePhantastic Pink, it's a meduim/bright barbie type pink. Catherine the Grape, it's a really pretty dark purple. Skinny Dip'n in Lake Michg'n, it's a nude beige with a gilttery sparkle, it's SO pretty!

Need Sunglasses looks like mustard on my finger nails.

I love this thread... I'll try to get pics up sometime. I LOVE Elephantastic Pink (it's on my toes right now), like someone said, it's a real barbie pink creme. Nice for summer. Russian Navy is also a fav, its a very dark shimmery navy, but not easily confused with black- you can definitely see the blue.
I also love Black Cherry Chutney, it's a nice sparkly dark wine red.
Check out All Lacquered Up - A Polish Fanatic's Resource
She always has pics and great polish descriptions!

Everything in the designer series, it has real diamond dust in it so it is super radiant, brilliant, and as Claire says...'fiery'. Also stays on the nails for freakin ever...love it!

As far as regular OPI colors go, I enjoy Aphrodite's Pink Nightie...that perfect baby pink shade that has a satin finish. I wore it on my toes for my wedding. I also like Flashbulb Fuchsia - similar to the MAC Heatherette lipglass Style Minx. I have a large collection of OPI due to my former job at a day spa, so it's hard to pick a favorite. But I do love the ones I named!

here is my thread on OPI Designer Series:

http://forum.purseblog.com/the-beau...eries-mani-and-pedi-pics-included-238682.html

Honestly, it's a tough choice, but of the seven or so color OPI shades I own, I would say I use Hollywood Blonde the most. It was from the Holiday 2007 collection. It's a sort of shimmery champagne gold color. I like it so much, because it is very subtle for everyday wear. It's somewhat sheer, so you can even use it to do shimmery French mani. Also, it's very forgiving if you chip it or screw it up. The damage or mistakes won't show up very easily like they would with a dark or opaque color.

I love this thread... I'll try to get pics up sometime. I LOVE Elephantastic Pink (it's on my toes right now), like someone said, it's a real barbie pink creme. Nice for summer. Russian Navy is also a fav, its a very dark shimmery navy, but not easily confused with black- you can definitely see the blue.
I also love Black Cherry Chutney, it's a nice sparkly dark wine red.
Check out All Lacquered Up - A Polish Fanatic's Resource
She always has pics and great polish descriptions!

I absolutely love that blog... although she makes me want to buy Essie products sooo much but I can't find them anywhere!

Everything in the designer series, it has real diamond dust in it so it is super radiant, brilliant, and as Claire says...'fiery'. Also stays on the nails for freakin ever...love it!

As far as regular OPI colors go, I enjoy Aphrodite's Pink Nightie...that perfect baby pink shade that has a satin finish. I wore it on my toes for my wedding. I also like Flashbulb Fuchsia - similar to the MAC Heatherette lipglass Style Minx. I have a large collection of OPI due to my former job at a day spa, so it's hard to pick a favorite. But I do love the ones I named!

here is my thread on OPI Designer Series:

http://forum.purseblog.com/the-beau...eries-mani-and-pedi-pics-included-238682.html

Lol I saw your Designer Series thread... I kind of ran away! I don't think i'm ready for bright coloured shimmers... I still stick with my boring old creams and if there is shimmer, it's all very sheer.

I looked up Elephantastic pink, it scared me too... :nogood: i'm like a nail polish virgin.

I adore Lincoln Park After Dark and It's Greek to Me. It's Greek to Me is like a really shiny, shimmery fuchsia color with some blue undertones, almost EXACTLY the same color as the LV vernis fuchsia leather.

btw, fuchsia is the hardest color to spell EVER. took me like ten minutes online to find the correct spelling, almost everyone gets it wrong!