Favourite lasting foundation? Mine always rubs off... :(

I'm obsessed with Becca right now but like yours I didn't stay long so now as a base I'm using Becca's first light and wow! Love love those two products together. Plus the first light I can use on it's own when my skin looks dull. Don't let the purple shade scare ya.

I recently tried Etude House double lasting foundation and it stayed on all day with no transfer. The only downside is the color range. I also like the Nars velvet matte skin tint as it keeps me from getting too shiny.

Other than your original foundation, I think you need to re-apply makeup halfway through your workday, followed by a little bit of powder. In all seriousness, I don't think any foundation can last a really long time amid natural oil and perspiration during the day.
+1

I'm obsessed with Becca right now but like yours I didn't stay long so now as a base I'm using Becca's first light and wow! Love love those two products together. Plus the first light I can use on it's own when my skin looks dull. Don't let the purple shade scare ya.

I know kinda off topic but is first light or back light better? I couldn't decide and got back light instead, but wondering if I made a mistake in my choice!!

Whichever foundation you choose, a dusting of powder on top helps. One trick, after primer, foundation, concealer and powder: take an ice cube and cover with a single layer of paper towel, moisten your finger tips and pat the towel and cube so the towel is damp, but not wet. Then, lightly pat the towel-covered cube all over your face, then wait a few minutes and finish eye makeup, blush, etc. I’ve found this is the best method to ‘set’ your makeup, and help it to last longer. I also like this when my face is a bit dryer and it helps to make powder looks “powdery,” more dewy.

Good suggestions!

Might be helpful if everyone shared their skin type. I’ve found that if the formula doesn’t match my skin type, it doesn’t last long, even if it’s supposed to last long (won’t rub off).

Good suggestions!

Might be helpful if everyone shared their skin type. I’ve found that if the formula doesn’t match my skin type, it doesn’t last long, even if it’s supposed to last long (won’t rub off).

i have combination oily skin - been using for the past 3 years: NARS all day luminous weightless foundation, along with the base and translucent setting powder from NARS.

Previously used Diorskin Nude when I had bad acne and was on isotretinoin - but the foundation oxidised over time leaving me looking orange before I decided to change to NARS.