Favorite Silver Hardware Bags

daisyfair

Apr 4, 2020
What are your favorite SHW handbags? Including nickel, palladium, gunmetal, etc.

I struggle to find a go-to bag because the selection of SHW bags is just generally limited and because so few sites let you filter by hardware color.

For those of you that prefer silver-tone what are your go to brands? Shopping sites? Bags? Do you buy a GHW bag if it’s otherwise perfect or do you hold out for silver?

Thanks!

Reactions: Ellejee
Strong ghw has been the fashion for years, but when I joined tPF everyone seemed to like silver more.

Gucci have a a new collection of Marmonts with silver tone hardware.

Gucci through phases, which is why I have their bags in a range of different hw through the years (including rose-gold). I very much like my little interlocking with shw.

Hermes does palladium hw (palladium doesn't tarnish). I love my brighter green bags with low key hw. I think roughly I'm half and half with H (no rg)Most bag models and colours come with a choice of phw.

Not keen on BV hardware at all and prefer no or minimum hardware.

Last edited:
Reactions: daisyfair
Louis Vuitton has quite a few bags with silver hardware, also Longchamp. the Max Mara Whitney bag has almost no hardware and that is matte/brushed silver colour. Mulberry has sometimes both shw or ghw for the same bag model. Hope that helps a bit.

Louis Vuitton has quite a few bags with silver hardware, also Longchamp. the Max Mara Whitney bag has almost no hardware and that is matte/brushed silver colour. Mulberry has sometimes both shw or ghw for the same bag model. Hope that helps a bit.

It does! Thank you. I’m off to browse Mulberry now.

Reactions: EveyB
I am very fair skinned with neutral-cool undertones, so my preference is to complement with silver or palladium hardware. All of my H bags and about 50% of my H jewelry have palladium hardware. I have a bunch of Chanel bags with SHW and a red WOC with ruthenium (dark silver-toned and with an aged patina).

My YSL large College bag has gunmetal hardware and I love it. I think the Alma in Indigo Epi is lovely with silver hardware - this one is on my wish list too. The Twist and some of their other Epi leather bags have options with silver hardware.
I love silver hardware. However, for evening bags, I lean towards gold hardware since I tend to wear gold-toned jewelry for evening outings. So for instance my black Lady Dior bag has gold hardware (although I very much love the one with silver hardware too). Also, my YSL Kate which I use mostly for dinners or such has gold hardware.

Decadent of Copenhagen, Adax, Mulberry from a few years back, Hugo Boss (HUGO line in particular), Marc Jacobs, Coach has some silver HW as well. I really like M Alexa's and Decadent Kylie's hardware, it's bright and seems to be very durable.