Favorite Silver Hardware Bags

daisyfair

Apr 4, 2020
What are your favorite SHW handbags? Including nickel, palladium, gunmetal, etc.

I struggle to find a go-to bag because the selection of SHW bags is just generally limited and because so few sites let you filter by hardware color.

For those of you that prefer silver-tone what are your go to brands? Shopping sites? Bags? Do you buy a GHW bag if it’s otherwise perfect or do you hold out for silver?

Thanks!

papertiger

MOD
Authenticator
O.G.
May 23, 2009
G-orgeous H-eaven
Strong ghw has been the fashion for years, but when I joined tPF everyone seemed to like silver more.

Gucci have a a new collection of Marmonts with silver tone hardware.

Gucci through phases, which is why I have their bags in a range of different hw through the years (including rose-gold). I very much like my little interlocking with shw.

Hermes does palladium hw (palladium doesn't tarnish). I love my brighter green bags with low key hw. I think roughly I'm half and half with H (no rg)Most bag models and colours come with a choice of phw.

Not keen on BV hardware at all and prefer no or minimum hardware.

Last edited:
Reactions: daisyfair

daisyfair

Apr 4, 2020
Not keen on BV hardware at all and prefer no or minimum hardware.
Yes, nearly all my bags right now are very minimal hardware. That seems to be the best route when most statement hardware is gold.

I love the Gucci pastels! A little bold for my muted, minimalist personal style though.

Reactions: papertiger

EveyB

Feb 6, 2018
Louis Vuitton has quite a few bags with silver hardware, also Longchamp. the Max Mara Whitney bag has almost no hardware and that is matte/brushed silver colour. Mulberry has sometimes both shw or ghw for the same bag model. Hope that helps a bit.

daisyfair

Apr 4, 2020
Louis Vuitton has quite a few bags with silver hardware, also Longchamp. the Max Mara Whitney bag has almost no hardware and that is matte/brushed silver colour. Mulberry has sometimes both shw or ghw for the same bag model. Hope that helps a bit.
It does! Thank you. I’m off to browse Mulberry now.

Reactions: EveyB

Four Tails

O.G.
Jul 27, 2009
I am very fair skinned with neutral-cool undertones, so my preference is to complement with silver or palladium hardware. All of my H bags and about 50% of my H jewelry have palladium hardware. I have a bunch of Chanel bags with SHW and a red WOC with ruthenium (dark silver-toned and with an aged patina).

Feb 9, 2019
My YSL large College bag has gunmetal hardware and I love it. I think the Alma in Indigo Epi is lovely with silver hardware - this one is on my wish list too. The Twist and some of their other Epi leather bags have options with silver hardware.
I love silver hardware. However, for evening bags, I lean towards gold hardware since I tend to wear gold-toned jewelry for evening outings. So for instance my black Lady Dior bag has gold hardware (although I very much love the one with silver hardware too). Also, my YSL Kate which I use mostly for dinners or such has gold hardware.

Amazona

Crazy bird lady
Mar 31, 2013
Finland
Decadent of Copenhagen, Adax, Mulberry from a few years back, Hugo Boss (HUGO line in particular), Marc Jacobs, Coach has some silver HW as well. I really like M Alexa's and Decadent Kylie's hardware, it's bright and seems to be very durable.