Favorite sandals/flip flops for holidays? - beach, pool, lots of walking...

CrackBerryCream

The Edge of Glory
O.G.
Oct 26, 2012
Which brands and models do you use for holidays? Especially when you'll be at the beach, in pools and walk a lot around the city? I'm looking for something inexpensive and very comfortable (I have wide feet), so any suggestions are appreciated. My casual summer footwear includes Croc flip flops (very comfy, quick to slip in and out, but absolutely unstylish), Luna sandals (super comfy, but a PITA to tie since I have the DYI version... so nothing for the pool), a pair of white Gucci leather sandals (not pool-safe I guess and not so comfortable to walk for hours).

Havaianas flip flops :biggrin: or Ancient Greek Sandals model Ikaria is made in rubber, many colours to choose from. For walking I just take my Ancient Greek Sandals leather sandals, lanvin flats or low converse. Ive got wide feet and no problems with these :smile:

Haviannas are my go to around-the-house, by-the-pool/yard footwear, I think, however, that they are not as cushy as they used to be. I have an old pair of Stuart Weitzman flip flops that are way softer on my feet. Otherwise, I am mostly wearing espadrilles -- Chanel, Prada, D&G, Celine, etc. Sometimes I put a gel insert into the espadrille if I feel they could be more cushioned for running around. If I am truly spending a day walking around the city, my Prada leather sneakers/shoes are best.

Reactions: CrackBerryCream
Which brands and models do you use for holidays? Especially when you'll be at the beach, in pools and walk a lot around the city? I'm looking for something inexpensive and very comfortable (I have wide feet), so any suggestions are appreciated. My casual summer footwear includes Croc flip flops (very comfy, quick to slip in and out, but absolutely unstylish), Luna sandals (super comfy, but a PITA to tie since I have the DYI version... so nothing for the pool), a pair of white Gucci leather sandals (not pool-safe I guess and not so comfortable to walk for hours).

I have a pair of Ralph Lauren Polo flip flops that are over 10 years old, I believe I got them from TJMaxx. For sandals, I've gotten really simple after receiving a few pair that were flawed and kind of tired of shopping for reasonable casual sandals every year. I buy Saltwater Sandals now, I have them in a variety of colors and they are quite affordable through http://www.meandmyfeet.com/saltwater-sandals. Some people equate Saltwater sandals with childhood, however, they've been making them in adult sizes for years. I receive many compliments and some people are surprised to find out that they are Saltwater sandals. They can be worn with jeans, shorts, dresses, cover-ups and pack nicely as they are flat.

I've recently been wearing a pair of Bokos a lot around the house and garden. They're lightweight rubbery slides, $18 at www.bokosusa.com and also on Amazon. Compared to Birks they're not the most comfortable things--no arch support, thin sole. And women's sizing is kinda off: they're loose, and not for those with narrow feet. But they're light, flexible and packable. Easy to hose off. I like wearing them in the garden and in the rain. They've also become my summer bedroom slippers.