Favorite PM strap too short on tall people?

No problem! I did consider selling the strap it came with and buying the longer double ended one that comes with the Eva

That is good idea as well. I just looked and it seems that brand new strap could resell for about half a price of the long one easily. It is not 100 % fund recovery, but when you think about it doing this basically brings you to the same cost as buying the extender would....

The best thing would be to find someone petite, who is going to buy DA/Mono Eva and exchange the straps together! :graucho:

I'm also 5'8" and tried on the Favorite a while back. It was too short for me and I was so utterly disappointed. I tried on the Eva and found the strap to be a better length.

I'm 5'3" and when I look like Michelin man, the favorite actually sits way above my hip crossbody. So I looped the chain through the strap hole and then connected it to bag. Hopefully the pic helps you. Also don't forget, the Eva's zipper hangs up so you actually get an extra inch from that too.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 923
I'm also 5'8" and tried on the Favorite a while back. It was too short for me and I was so utterly disappointed. I tried on the Eva and found the strap to be a better length.

I'm 5'3" and when I look like Michelin man, the favorite actually sits way above my hip crossbody. So I looped the chain through the strap hole and then connected it to bag. Hopefully the pic helps you. Also don't forget, the Eva's zipper hangs up so you actually get an extra inch from that too.

I'm 5'8 and plan on getting the Favorite in DA at some point. I'm intending to use my speedy b strap with mine though as the favorite strap is just too short.

Thank you ladies for being kind and helpful. I think it is certain now that it is just too short. I will have to rethink what to do. Either I will have to pay extra for a solution (strap or extender) or just choose something else. We will see... I will definitely share with you in a reveal in less than a month. ;)

That is good idea as well. I just looked and it seems that brand new strap could resell for about half a price of the long one easily. It is not 100 % fund recovery, but when you think about it doing this basically brings you to the same cost as buying the extender would....

The best thing would be to find someone petite, who is going to buy DA/Mono Eva and exchange the straps together! :graucho:

Great solution! Too bad it will not be that easy. :sad:
If it was I would do it myself. I'm in the same boat as you.

Hi friends,

I heard about Favorite is coming out in DA on April 1st just on time for my birthday, which kinda got me excited, but I am worried that the original strap will be too short for me to be worn as cross body. Spending 30 % extra and get another strap seems wasteful to me. What do you guys think? I am 175 cm (5 feet 8 inches). If anyone has it and is this tall, could please let me know your feedback and possibly share mod shots?

Thank you!
I'm 5'9" and went in last week to my LV boutique to try on both the Favorite MM and the Eva before the price increase. The Eva hits my hip perfectly. The Favorite looks like a little kid's bag on me and hits me mid-abdomen - no joke! It looked horrible on me - even my SA was laughing!

I asked my SA about the cost of an Eva strap and it's $285 I think. Seemed wasteful to me.

I have seen Eva straps on eBay for reasonable prices - in the $150 range, so you might be able to find one of those and use it as a replacement strap for the Favorite.

Another option that I considered that I think would be really cute is a gold chain strap for the Favorite. There is a company in California that makes them and I think a super-long strap is maybe $40. I don't remember the name off-hand, but I can try to find it again if you'd like. I also think the strap would look cute on a full-size pochette as a cross body option.

Suffice it to say that I walked away with the Eva and I'm happy. :smile:

Hope this helps. Let us know what you decide!

Thank you so much! This looks actually quite good! I will have to try to see if they carry this in my local boutique. :cool: Now it is looking at least little hopeful! Thanks. :smile:
Search on eBay for "pochette extender" and you will find it. Range in price from $85 to $200. I bought mine in perfect condition for $120 on eBay. I use it on my d-rings to clip my keys to.

I agree with you, I rushed into the LV to get the Favorite, but I'm 5'9", it just wasn't happening, lol. I bought the eva in mono and I love her! The SA said to buy another strap, but I didn't want to spend more money when the eva would suit my needs. There are a lot of non LV chains/straps that will work if your heart is set on the Favorite. Good Luck! :smile:

Now we are hopefully getting somewhere. What is that? Can you please locate it on the LV website? I tried looking up extender but nothing like this showed up in the search results.
Search on eBay for "pochette extender" and you will find it. Range in price from $85 to $200. I bought mine in perfect condition for $120 on eBay. I use it on my d-rings to clip my keys to.