Favorite Period in Fashion

All my life I have been a fan of the 60's and 70's. And sometimes too much, I looked "retro" when I was 16-20 and had to fight against not buying vintage or new that looked retro anymore. Ppl really said I "was" 60's.
I always have admired the 20's and 30's but had no idea how to incorporate it in my wardrobe, how do you do it ?

Liberté;4713281 said:
1750s to french revolution. It applies lightly and more for inspiration rather than copying. I like chinoiserie and rococco.

Same here! Except I really do wish we could go back to dressing that way, those dresses were works of art!:love:

All my life I have been a fan of the 60's and 70's. And sometimes too much, I looked "retro" when I was 16-20 and had to fight against not buying vintage or new that looked retro anymore. Ppl really said I "was" 60's.
I always have admired the 20's and 30's but had no idea how to incorporate it in my wardrobe, how do you do it ?

It's good to have a balance between modern and vintage, so I think it would even be easier for a girl to do take inspiration from the 20s and 30s, though it's still pretty difficult. I usually will buy one piece, a coat or a jacket usually, that is so typical of the '20s, and usually wear it with more basic items. I think less fitted silhouettes in general can look '20s, and a nice way to do that is to wear a '20s vintage blouse (common styles had low necklines, rounded or v, but without cleavage) over a knee-length pencil skirt. I think also, a good way to make a no-waist '20s dress modern is just to have it taken in slightly around the waist, to give it a faint hourglass frame, but because of the beading and styling, it will still look '20s. It's kind of complicated, especially since good-quality '20s and '30s clothes are pretty rare and expensive, and each item is different, so it's best to take every piece on its own and not to just generalize. There are always going to be things that just look too costume-y, but I just try to think long about how I would wear it and if it would look modern enough, and usually can reason things out on my own, but it takes trial and error and a lot of looking at pictures :tup: Sorry, this was incredibly long lol

Another vote for the 50/60's Jackie Kennedy era. I love looking at the Barbie doll outfits from that era on Ebay.

I also love the 70's because I grew up during that time and it was just fun.
I think the 80's had the worst styles in all of fashion history, bar none.