Favorite MM opinion?

pink_macaron

Jul 28, 2015
Hi, calling all LV Favorite owners ☺.

I would like to ask, I really like the Favorite MM in DE but 1 thing concerns me is the hole at the leather strap without the clasp. Does it show any wear and tear after some times?I'm so scared that it will get torn if i use it as a cross body bag after few times usage.

Please share your experience.

TIA.

Honestly if you attach and remove the strap a lot the treated leather will probably crack or rip a tad. I really wished they had put the same strap as on the Eva where both just clip onto the rings. If you just leave the strap on all the time it will be fine. Maybe later down the line purchase the strap like the Eva for it.

Agree, i prefer clasps on both sides. Btw which favorite do u have? have you had any problems wih the straps or magnetic flap? Thank u.

I have the MM in DE and I have never worn the bag cross body. I actually like it on the shoulder as I use my Siena strap with it or my LV chain extender to make the chain longer. So no problem with the long strap as I have never used it. The warning of taking on and off came from my SA when I purchased. As far as the magnet no it's not as strong as my Menilmontant but I also have not had an issue with it falling open or not closing. Hope that helps.

I bought a clasp that looks similar to LV's (Mautto.com) and use it to attach the straps to my purse. Looks great and works well. Stops the wear and tear of removing and reattaching, which I find a pain to keep doing.

I bought a clasp that looks similar to LV's (Mautto.com) and use it to attach the straps to my purse. Looks great and works well. Stops the wear and tear of removing and reattaching, which I find a pain to keep doing.
Ooo! The favorite mm will be my next 'treat myself' purchase, and I too was worried about the strap. Thanks for sharing the site!

If you don't mind, may i see your Favorite pic using the clasp? Thank u.
Hi I'm not home to take a pic now but here is a PF thread that shows the pouchette nm with the strap and clasp (which is similar to favorite strap) this should give u a good idea of the look. Hope this helps.
http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vuitton/lets-show-how-we-do-lv-hacks-share-902693-2.html

2nd. I have the Favorite MM in DA and the looped end was showing wear as well. I bought the little extra clasp for it and it works perfectly.

Hi, did you open and attach the strap often before u bought the extra clasp? or you just leave the strap on all the time but still showing wear?
I removed the strap to use the bag with chain only about ten times or so. It started cracking pretty badly. I took it into LV and they replaced my strap on the spot. I only removed and replaced the strap back on the bag a handful of times before I bought the extra clasp. Even so, it still shows a little wear just from the handful of times I removed it.

Hi, did you open and attach the strap often before u bought the extra clasp? or you just leave the strap on all the time but still showing wear?

I have a pm in DE and have been wearing it crossbody since I got it. The looped end does not show any wear yet but it's bcse I don't remove it. If it starts stretching, I will definitely take it to lv and see what they say

I just mentioned this somewhere else. I love my favorite mm in mono. For an extra $105 an SA ordered an Eva strap for me. This solved the problem of it being a little too short for crossbody and the loop ripping at the other end :smile: this was only back two or three months ago, so it should be the same price

I have a pm in DE and have been wearing it crossbody since I got it. The looped end does not show any wear yet but it's bcse I don't remove it. If it starts stretching, I will definitely take it to lv and see what they say

Hi, for how long have you been using your favorite? Perhaps if we dont remove the strap then it will be fine. Thanks for the info.