Favorite Mascara

Status
Not open for further replies.

LVhousewife

May 26, 2010
I'm searching for a mascara, usually I go with MAC but their mascara always runs and doesn't hold very well. I like the thickening and curling but it's hard to find for my short stubby eyelashes. Usually I wear fake eyelashes but now I just don't have the time or energy for that. And it really takes a toll on my natural lashes. I've tried normal inexpensive mascara and it's all kind of the same, clumpy or crumbles by the end of the day..

You'll get lots of opinions here. but its really just trial and error because everyone is different. I have tried what feels like hundreds of mascara. LOL.
Some standouts for me at Lancome Defencils, Korres (the one in the white packaging) and Cargo Lash Activator was quite good too

If I had to pick one it would be Defencils.:biggrin:

I like Lancome Definicils. I usually order about 5 at a time of the "sample size" off of ebay. That way I can use for 4 -5 months and toss it out and start a new one. It takes me too long to use up the regular size.

I love Diorshow Blackout, but then I have very long very pale lashes and my requirements are different than yours. I would look at the Dior Blackout Iconic - my SA recommended it (she has short lashes) but it just doesn't work for me. It is curling and nonclumpy so it might be right for you

My fave mascara is Giorgio Armani's Eyes to Kill but I won't use any mascara without my beloved Shiseido mascara base (original version). It's the ONLY product I've found that holds the curl and gives my lashes volume. :heart: Thank goodness I found backups of this.

I use Dior. I like Diorshow unlimited. Diorshow Iconic Extreme (in the silver tube) is pretty cool but a b**** to remove. It forms tubes around your eyelashes and makes them a lot longer but the next day my eyelashes are a mess and it's really clumpy, sooo, I dunno... The Dior ones are all so different so you can probably find one that you like..

Status
Not open for further replies.