Favorite Mary Kay products?

Cedes

tori
Apr 10, 2006
A friend of mine started selling MK awhile back to help put herself through school. She had to meet some sort of goal last month and needed to send out sample packets and catalogs to 15 new people and I was one of them.

So now I've got a $15 gc and a few very tiny weird samples. I mean, the eyeshadow samples are flat and came packaged like stickers.. how am I really supposed to test that out?!

Anyway. I'd like to help her out, even if it's just a small amount. But I'm not familiar with Mary Kay. I'm 25 and usually don't even bother with brands like Mary Kay/Avon/Mark because they've always been for "older" ladies in my mind (don't mean to offend anyone!). I'm not interested in any of the skincare or fragrances but I'd love it if there are any other suggestions on what's good. Lip gloss? Mineral eyeshadows?

Avon, and especially Mark, are not for "older" ladies. Mark specifically is geared to the younger gals.

I've never used Mary Kay so can't offer any suggestions. I do have a tube of their body scrub that's been sitting in my bathroom for over a year now unopened.

I've used some MK products due to friends selling. One of the items I used and went thru the whole bottle w/no problems - the time release face lotion. Couple years later I purchased the same thing at one of the partys...Big mistake! I had such a painful zit that took forever to go away. One nice thing is the rep exchanged it w/no problem. The one item I really, really like comes in a tube and is almost vaseline like in texture. I can't remember the name but think its the extra emollient night cream. I used on hands/feet at bedtime but it's actually for face I rarely used on face but came in handy if you have a cold so I used around nose. The Lip gloss was pretty good too.

I use MK for skin care and recently made a purchase and she threw in a full size mascara... I actually really like it. It is the MK Ultimate Mascara. I would never have bought mascara from them on my own but I think I will from now on. If it helps... I have long lashes so I hate when you get clumpy mascara. This coats beautifully and really makes them look longer and fuller.
I'm also using their mineral powder foundation right now because it came with the skincare. It works fine but prefer BE. HTH

Thanks! I ended up getting a few lip glosses and the lengthening mascara for now. I tend to shy away from face products because I have stuff that's working really well for me right now, and way too many body products to be buying more. :huh: But she was giving away the microderm kit with any $40 purchase so we'll see how that one goes.

I know Mark is geared toward the younger crowd, but any sell-it-yourself makeup line has always never appealed to me. The concept feels dated half the time, although I do appreciate that MK now allows online orders. :smile: