Food Favorite Dips and Spreads

sds661

O.G.
Sep 10, 2006
I LOVE finding new dip recipe ideas--my faves are buffallo chicken dip, hot and cold spinach dip, and jarlsburg cheese spread. What about you what are your favorites?

I have a recipe for artichoke dip, which is basically artichokes w/ tons of cheese and a little mayo and baked until it's bubbly. It is super yummy on crackers. (A little cayenne pepper gives it a little kick.) Addictive!:girlsigh:Great, now I'm starving!

Do you like yours with water chestnuts?--that is a must with mine!!

Of course!! LOL Seriously that stuff is addicting, lol

Also my aunt once made this dip it was like cream cheese and beans and chease, I could be wrong on those ingredients but you ate it with tostidos and it was good

Of course!! LOL Seriously that stuff is addicting, lol

Also my aunt once made this dip it was like cream cheese and beans and chease, I could be wrong on those ingredients but you ate it with tostidos and it was good
That sounds yummy!!! if you can find recipe please post!!

For cold dips, I love hummus, or Trader Joe's peach salsa. If I want to make something, I make this white bean dip, which is super easy and goes great with tortilla chips:
White Bean Confetti Dip (from noteatingoutinny.com)
(makes about 1 pint)
1 can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
2 jalapeno peppers, seeds removed and finely chopped
1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup red pepper, finely chopped
juice of 1 lemon
1 tsp lemon zest
1 large garlic clove, crushed
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/8 tsp white pepper
1/4 tsp chipotle sauce
2 Tb olive oil
salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1 Tb tahini (optional)
Combine all ingredients except for jalapeno, red pepper and onion in a food processor and pulse until mixture is a smooth consistency. Taste for seasoning, adjusting as desired. Transfer mixture into a bowl. Fold in chopped pepper and onion, and stir until blended. Serve chilled and store up to 1 week in the refrigerator.

i only eat hummus (home made) and spanich dip from houston's. no one makes it like them.
:thinking: i wonder if i can go this weekend. hmmm. oh great thanks guys for making me break my diet!:nogood: