Favorite Dips and Spreads

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I LOVE finding new dip recipe ideas--my faves are buffallo chicken dip, hot and cold spinach dip, and jarlsburg cheese spread. What about you what are your favorites?

2. OMG The COld Spinach dip in the pumpernickle bread bowl, I swear I could live on that stuff.

3. Do you like yours with water chestnuts?--that is a must with mine!!

4. I have a recipe for artichoke dip, which is basically artichokes w/ tons of cheese and a little mayo and baked until it's bubbly. It is super yummy on crackers. (A little cayenne pepper gives it a little kick.) Addictive!:girlsigh:Great, now I'm starving!

5. Of course!! LOL Seriously that stuff is addicting, lol

Also my aunt once made this dip it was like cream cheese and beans and chease, I could be wrong on those ingredients but you ate it with tostidos and it was good

6. Hot crab dip with melba toast or pita chips! YUM!!!

7. ^^^That sounds GOOOOOOD

8. That sounds yummy!!! if you can find recipe please post!!

9. wow...I need these recipes. ugh Now I'm hungry. :popcorn:

10. I guess it's kind of like a seven layer dip

beans on the bottom (refried)
    guacamole on top (fresh)
    cheese on top of that
    salsa
    more cheese
    a little sour cream
    more cheese

BAKE until it's bubbling

11. Thanks for sharing--I just made guac yesterday so I have all the ingredients--Im soo making that tonight!:yahoo:

12. I love spinach dips- hot and cold, seven layer dip and hummus- homemade is so good and really easy! I also like spinach and artichoke dip.

13. For cold dips, I love hummus, or Trader Joe's peach salsa. If I want to make something, I make this white bean dip, which is super easy and goes great with tortilla chips:
    White Bean Confetti Dip (from noteatingoutinny.com)
    (makes about 1 pint)
    1 can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
    2 jalapeno peppers, seeds removed and finely chopped
    1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
    1/4 cup red pepper, finely chopped
    juice of 1 lemon
    1 tsp lemon zest
    1 large garlic clove, crushed
    1/4 tsp cumin
    1/4 tsp chili powder
    1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
    1/8 tsp white pepper
    1/4 tsp chipotle sauce
    2 Tb olive oil
    salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
    1 Tb tahini (optional)
    Combine all ingredients except for jalapeno, red pepper and onion in a food processor and pulse until mixture is a smooth consistency. Taste for seasoning, adjusting as desired. Transfer mixture into a bowl. Fold in chopped pepper and onion, and stir until blended. Serve chilled and store up to 1 week in the refrigerator.

14. Hot artichoke dip is my favorite!

15. i only eat hummus (home made) and spanich dip from houston's. no one makes it like them.
    :thinking: i wonder if i can go this weekend. hmmm. oh great thanks guys for making me break my diet!:nogood: