Favorite Chanel YouTubers?

It's also just a trend. There's also a similar 'deinfluencing' trend.

It's got nothing to do with Chanel, luxury or anything else, it's just about the influencers/content creators trying to keep-up with cultural SM trends that often started via other platforms like TT and Insta.

Badmouthing and blackpilling Chanel (or any other major lux brand) is just part of the general fashionable/cultural trend and was bound to happen as part of the backlash against lux products and lifestyle that influencers/CCs jumped on for a hot mo.

It's interesting to me, that all these people with opinions change their minds quicker than they change their socks. If I love something (or someone) it's a commitment for life, but I don't expect it/them to magically transform my life into a an edited highlights Chanel advertisement either. It's just lame ol' me with a Chanel bag.
I read from an article that deinfluencing is the current trend because the average person is starting to see how unrealistic the influencer lifestyle is. Viewers are look for something more real, authentic and relatable.

I read from an article that deinfluencing is the current trend because the average person is starting to see how unrealistic the influencer lifestyle is. Viewers are look for something more real, authentic and relatable.

In my mind deinfleuencing is still influencing. Don't buy this four figure bag, but use my link to buy this three figure bag instead!!!

In my mind deinfleuencing is still influencing. Don't buy this four figure bag, but use my link to buy this three figure bag instead!!!
yes, it is still influencing.

According to the article, 44% of Gen Z makes purchases based on recommendations from influencers. The de-influencer movement is helping people — especially the Gen Zer's — reclaim their power and having people question who to actually trust. This is why a lot of vloggers (and tiktokers) in the short-term are trying to boost their online credibility by saying, " this product that everyone thinks is great but they're actually not, you should get this instead."

I really enjoy Cassie Thorpe. She is funny and quircky, have been following for quite a while. She covers a lot of bases and has a hilarious attitude when commenting on new styles and products. Her style is not always mine, but she has inspired me twice or trice and I am glad for it.
Otherwise, I just very randomly watch a couple of people, but mostly based on topics. Just to see new stuff and get a feeling for a certain bag for example.

yes, it is still influencing.

According to the article, 44% of Gen Z makes purchases based on recommendations from influencers. The de-influencer movement is helping people — especially the Gen Zer's — reclaim their power and having people question who to actually trust. This is why a lot of vloggers (and tiktokers) in the short-term are trying to boost their online credibility by saying, " this product that everyone thinks is great but they're actually not, you should get this instead."

Let's not forget GenZ are 5-25 years old, and not many 5-12 are buying anything for themselves - yet

I could have afforded a Chanel bag at early 20s - but I was saving. I was interested in and buying cool vintage things from antique fairs, charity shops and boot fairs, hanging out with my crazy, arty friends, and actually liking my mother's stuff like Chanel - but on her. I was familiar with Chanel but had to be dragged in to one of their 'stuffy' stores. Other young people are having a good time with highstreet stores.

5-25 is not the traditional market for such expensive, precious things. Young people should be experimenting and having fun with style IMO, that may or may not include Chanel. However, I don't like influencers who make money off of everything, not so much giving honest reviews, but trading on the Chanel name for clicks, just talking down the brand, just to be offering some Chanel-inspired lookalike.

I also don't like beauty influencers suddenly turning into lux Chanel handbag 'experts' like Michele Wang or Allfiesty. But that's just me :biggrin:

Last edited:
Exactly! It's so disingenuous to say "don't buy LV (or other luxury brand) bc of price increases", while sitting on a mountain of LV. My fav is when they make a list of cheapie contemporary dupes they don't even own (or gifted) but click the affiliate link below

Exactly! It's so disingenuous to say "don't buy LV (or other luxury brand) bc of price increases", while sitting on a mountain of LV. My fav is when they make a list of cheapie contemporary dupes they don't even own (or gifted) but click the affiliate link below
Not sure if someone said this already, but also these influencers are buying/being gifted these bags which make them seem more "relatable" or "in touch with reality" when they don't even wear them!

For example, I LOVE me some Lou, but let's be honest...when has she ever worn her Polene bags? And if she does, for some reason those are the moments she forgets to take a pic.

Like everyone else, I love Cassie Thorpe. She’s very genuine and so interactive and present for her subs. It’s really lovely. I also like Sophie Shohet, Lux Purse Love, and Handbagholic. I used to really enjoy Chase Amie, but her endless FarFetchMyTheresaViaRoma hauls give me anxiety. It’s just too much stuff. Also, if she buys one more flowy white and blue sundress, I swear! One thing Amie’s always gonna do… is look like a Delftware plate when the weather’s nice. I will say that she’s a sweetheart and I love her rundowns of sales like the Nordstroms anniversary, Black Friday, Singles Day, etc. They‘re very useful and are the reason I found my favorite perfume.

Like everyone else, I love Cassie Thorpe. She’s very genuine and so interactive and present for her subs. It’s really lovely. I also like Sophie Shohet, Lux Purse Love, and Handbagholic. I used to really enjoy Chase Amie, but her endless FarFetchMyTheresaViaRoma hauls give me anxiety. It’s just too much stuff. Also, if she buys one more flowy white and blue sundress, I swear! One thing Amie’s always gonna do… is look like a Delftware plate when the weather’s nice. I will say that she’s a sweetheart and I love her rundowns of sales like the Nordstroms anniversary, Black Friday, Singles Day, etc. They‘re very useful and are the reason I found my favorite perfume.
100% agree. I love the influencers you mentioned. Cassie is definitely my favorite. I used to like Chase Amie, but if I see one more damn sundress. She needs to step out of her comfort zone.

The best YouTubers are the ones who aren’t desperate to be an influencer. The ones who are decked out in luxury brands but pimping cheap jewelry and poorly cut silk shirts are also ridiculous. I like the collectors who aren’t posting on a two videos a week, or even daily!, schedule. There’s no joy in watching someone in over their heads financially trying so hard to unbox more and more to keep up. Same goes for the ones desperate for content ideas, like “oh! I’ll review cheap brands when everyone knows I prefer my Birkin.” The catwalk person embodies this desperation. I watched a few of her Chanel vids in the beginning and was immediately disgusted in how she man-handled a bag for a video and then returned that same bag to Chanel. You don’t need to touch all over a bag and stretch out the flaps to “review” the interior if you’re going to return it. Don’t put it on your channel if you’re going to return. Just return it and buy something else without showing us the bag’s guts for Pete’s sake. All bags today have quality control issues. Big deal. Just pick another classic black flap, they’re not scarce.

I do like the ones who provide fun commentary on luxury like Haya Glamazon. I also like smaller YouTubers like Asian fashionista when they have a piece I’m after, because I trust their reviews. Black and gold style too. Definitely trust her reviews, though her style is different from mine. Cassie Thorpe is simply adorable and would be an influencer whether she tried or not. She’s not my style, but her vibe is good….for now anyway. They all change when they hit a certain number.
You nailed it. If you are going to return a bag , at least don’t make a content out of it. Lol

I agree with everything you said. Amie's early videos were very helpful and informative. However, now she buys the same stuff over and over again with slight variations.

Has anyone noticed that the comments under many luxury influencers' content whether it be a youtube video or a tiktok or instagram post are overwhelmingly positive? I'm not saying this is a bad thing, I was moreso wondering if influencers filter out critical or negative comments because I just don't believe that is an accurate reflection of how the influencer is perceived. Especially after reading on forums or on other platforms what people have to say about the influencer. This may sound like a dumb question so I apologize in advance :lol:

I realize this may sound tangentially related to the thread but I am referring to influencers who cover Chanel and other luxury brands on their social media platforms.

Has anyone noticed that the comments under many luxury influencers' content whether it be a youtube video or a tiktok or instagram post are overwhelmingly positive? I'm not saying this is a bad thing, I was moreso wondering if influencers filter out critical or negative comments because I just don't believe that is an accurate reflection of how the influencer is perceived. Especially after reading on forums or on other platforms what people have to say about the influencer. This may sound like a dumb question so I apologize in advance :lol:

I realize this may sound tangentially related to the thread but I am referring to influencers who cover Chanel and other luxury brands on their social media platforms.
Have seen many delete negative comments. They are there for a day or less, I guess until they are seen, and then they are gone.

Reactions: Izzie07